Amazing work so far!  I have one of these to build in the future, but all that scratch building is beyond my skill level so I'll mostly just build it OOB.  Already have the instructions marked up in red and with reading your thread looks like I need to make some new red marks.

3 hours ago, PlamoSnep said:

Amazing work so far!  I have one of these to build in the future, but all that scratch building is beyond my skill level so I'll mostly just build it OOB.  Already have the instructions marked up in red and with reading your thread looks like I need to make some new red marks.

Thank you, there are several discrepancies within the Kitty Hawk kit instructions. The kit itself is very good, way better than the Academy kit when it comes to detailing.

05543910f41e969a9bb966c03eeec27c.jpg

Day 104 working on the cockpit again. I placed both sets of cyclic and collective on a tongue depressor for easy painting. The cyclic is missing the "Slew Up Switch." I will add the switches and paint them here before installation. The good thing is that on the Pave Hawk the cable is feed through the cyclic tube and exits underneath the floor.

2 hours ago, jmel said:

I love this thread!  It's so cool that you can build the model based on your personal experience!

Jake

Jake, thanks. It has been fun building as it has brought back a lot of memories. A couple of other little things I discovered - we did not have the small racks attached to the back of he pilot seats like the Blackhawk did. So I will not install them. We also carried one RED (left) and one Green (HALON on the right) fire extinguisher in the cabin. Zorro

fa13cabee205bfa954f008db93bd827f.jpg

Day 106 page 5 from the instruction booklet - see incorrect placement of Master Warning Panels (F32) and seat racks (D32 and D33) not on the Pave Hawk. We mounted other items there, i.e. the AHHS box behind the co-pilot seat frame on some models.

8e31618b20c2334e9151db45feb8a63d.jpg

This photo was taken during Operation TASK FORCE HAWK in Albania in 1999 next to our MH-60G Pave Hawk II. Take notice of the MRE cases and the orange life raft stuffed over the Robertson Internal Fuel Tanks. We would fly to and from our home base in Italy across the Adriatic Sea. We received a waiver to fly several thousand pounds over our normal limit... it amazed me how much stuff we would carry during war.

• 2 weeks later...