Third Hand / Part holder recommendations

Ebf2K

I keep finding myself in a situation where I need 3 hands:  two to hold the parts being joined and 3rd for the glue or accelerant.  And keeping it still while it sets up.   Alligator clips on flexible wires like used for holding parts when airbrushing are not strong enough.  Maybe I should get one of those third hands like for soldering PCBs?   

Any recommendations? What do you all use? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of these solid 

KOTTO Third Hand Soldering Tool PCB Holder Four Magnetic Based Flexible Metal Arms Helping Hands Crafts Jewelry Hobby Workshop Helping Station Non-Slip Steel Weighted Base https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07W42SR65/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_R31FGWHXXP0FM59H3NJ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On 1/30/2022 at 8:20 PM, Neo said:

I have one of these solid 

KOTTO Third Hand Soldering Tool PCB Holder Four Magnetic Based Flexible Metal Arms Helping Hands Crafts Jewelry Hobby Workshop Helping Station Non-Slip Steel Weighted Base https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07W42SR65/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_R31FGWHXXP0FM59H3NJ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Those arms are strong enough to hold model parts without moving around when you are trying to glue things together?

The arms are really stiff. And the magnets are stupidly strong, i stick them on my spray booth hinge to airbrush parts. 

Dont know if they are flexible enough for precise adjustment, but the will hold

I am pretty impressed with the Kotto one.  It is very strong and holds large parts very securely.

NEZ2752.jpg

The base is heavy and stable, and with just 2 arms I can tug on the wing pretty hard to tie the knots in the thread without it budging.  With the rubber tips the alligator clips are not damaging the wood either.  The only semi-complaint I have is that the arms are pretty long and put the part right in my face.  

Edited by Ebf2K
fixed typo

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:55 PM, CraigC said:

so I ordered these from Vertigo in early February.

I paid  my money and in turn received some automated emails and nothing else.

I have sent a number of emails which have been ignored.

The products are available through some resellers I'd suggest avoid dealing directly.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, Ebf2K said:

I am pretty impressed with the Kotto one.  It is very strong and holds large parts very securely.

NEZ2752.jpg

The base is heavy and stable, and with just 2 arms I can tug on the wing pretty hard to tie the knots in the thread without it budging.  With the rubber tips the alligator clips are not damaging the wood either.  The only semi-complaint I have is that the arms are pretty long and put the part right in my face.  

Glad you liked my recommendation. 

Ive been finding myself attaching the arm on multiple different surfaces including my paint boot hinges those magnets are crazy

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:57 AM, CraigC said:

so I ordered these from Vertigo in early February.

I paid  my money and in turn received some automated emails and nothing else.

I have sent a number of emails which have been ignored.

The products are available through some resellers I'd suggest avoid dealing directly.

I had a similar experience when I bought my stand from them, it arrived eventually but what a pity that their excellent products cause so much angst in trying to buy them!