Late War Lancaster Rear Turret Question

I’ve read that many Lancasters late in the war had some of their rear glass panels removed for better visibility. Would anyone happen to have more information about this, including which panels were modified and reference photos? I’m modeling a RCAF Mk. X from 428 Squadron, and I’m thinking I might have to incorporate this.

Thanks!  Tom

Those guys must have been absolutely frozen.  However, removing the glass for just a slight improvement in vision might make all the difference between returning home and this...

8dfcd15081d6bf211f12bc75fb17de85.jpg

The artist is Piotr Forkasiewicz  and his art is amazing.   

Piotr Forkasiewicz - Wingleader Magazine Crowdfunding Campaign - The Nachtjagd Edition (peterfor.com)

7 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Damn, that would have been cold and noisy!

When a few years ago I was doing a lot of wartime Bomber Command research, I was in contact with a rear gunner from 467 Squadron RAAF named Cy March, a miner from Durham. He told me of one particular occasion when he returned from an op. with a long icicle attached to his nose! He presented it to Margo West when she drove them back from dispersals to the de-briefs. Cy was quite keen on Margo but I’m not sure his was the most romantic of gifts! 
The Rose turret was the only, to my knowledge, designed attempt to provide clearer vision for the gunners, all other mods. were made in the field at squadron level. 

7 hours ago, Uncarina said:

John, do you have any reference info and which Lancasters had them?

Thanks,  Tom

There's some decent info online but I believe the installation wasn't that widespread.   

Here's an early / pre-production version (note that even with this radar, some of the gunner's glass is removed).

See the source image

Here is what I think was the fielded version.  

See the source image