Reference for Hunter f.4

RLWP

What would be a good source of information for modifying a Revell Hunter F.6 back to an F.4?

There seem to be AM parts available for the wing leading edge and for the afterburner - what other differences are there

Richard

1 hour ago, crobinsonh said:

Hi Richard,

If you take a look at the thread you will see some of the issues with the AM and also the differences in vent layout for F4 to F6 (as well as the F5 that I am building). 

That's useful, thank you. 

I was wondering if I could get away with straightening the leading edge without the AM, it looks like that is the best option. 

Do you think it would be possible to modify the kit parts to represent the tailpipe for the earlier Avon?

Richard 

4 hours ago, RLWP said:

That's useful, thank you. 

I was wondering if I could get away with straightening the leading edge without the AM, it looks like that is the best option. 

Do you think it would be possible to modify the kit parts to represent the tailpipe for the earlier Avon?

Richard 

Hi Richard,

You can absolutely get away with cutting down the dog tooth leading edge as that is what I ended up doing on the F5. Whilst I did fit the resin tailpipe it was not great quality and did not really capture the under swoop of the F5 version. Next time around I would certainly investigate if there was a better conversion.

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

Y'know, I'll have to buy a kit to go with the AM I have...

Yep, I have that t-shirt, well, quite a few of them...

Forgot, Blackbird also produce an early Hunter decal sheet, the Airfile Hunter book is full of really good profiles, and finally Fantasy Printshop produce a few decal sheets based on those profiles.

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Yep, I have that t-shirt, well, quite a few of them...

Forgot, Blackbird also produce an early Hunter decal sheet, the Airfile Hunter book is full of really good profiles, and finally Fantasy Printshop produce a few decal sheets based on those profiles.

Indeed

And then there is:

0nVoUZb.jpeg

http://www.mooserepublic.se/product/32006-j-34-hawker-hunter-mk-50-1-32/

Richard

On 10/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, crobinsonh said:

Hi Richard,

You can absolutely get away with cutting down the dog tooth leading edge as that is what I ended up doing on the F5. Whilst I did fit the resin tailpipe it was not great quality and did not really capture the under swoop of the F5 version. Next time around I would certainly investigate if there was a better conversion.

Ok, another question. Is the Flightpath detail set worth having - does it add to the kit in a noticeable way?

Richard

14 hours ago, RLWP said:

Ok, another question. Is the Flightpath detail set worth having - does it add to the kit in a noticeable way?

Richard

Cancel that - I cracked and bought a set

Richard

2 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

That's only got one wing , and it's a jet , you sure you will be able to cope , not picked up the wrong box by accident or anything ? 

I think so, although I haven't found a decent rigging diagram so far. I'm guessing it's the same as a Blackburn Heavy

45-3.jpg

Richard