Fieseler Fi-156 Storch SP-AGO | Tristar 1:35

Kendzior

Using this:

UQM6oE.jpg

I'm going to make that one:

nee7nz.jpg

A nice simple kit, by the way.

GrMSMe.jpg

Several modifications to the a'la D-1 version are required (Storchs that were captured in crates after the war in Poznań were not fully assembled according to the manufacturer's specifications). I will make the variant for one patient.

So, I will have to lengthen the floor, add new doors on both sides, additional windows, the interior structure, a stretcher ... .

First tweaks: the additional windows cut out, removed the doors for the C-1 version on the starboard side:

oKY206.jpg

L7Otqm.jpg

Edited by Kendzior

• Kendzior changed the title to Fieseler Fi-156 Storch SP-AGO | Tristar 1:35

sounds interesting!

ok, I'm a little bit involved in this argument... :rolleyes:

please consider that I put away a LOT of pictures of this aircraft, in particular of the ambulance sub type: if I may help, just ask.

a thing that occures to me to say before will be too late, is that opening the fuselage's rear doors, attention should be paid (ask me if I did it?) to the real shape of these. in all the profiles I found they are depicted slightly wrong. a good term of check it, is observe the pictures with the windows opened: the cuts in the fuselage was made allowing to open both doors and windows without interfere each other.

also, it seems that the rear windows had a double hinged system that consented to let the window to go almost flush with the fuselage.

2 hours ago, mc65 said:

ok, I'm a little bit involved in this argument... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm watching your Storch tread very carefully, a lot of inspiration for my build. :clap2:

In general I'm going to follow mainly the drawings and photos in the old Militaria monograph. It's a little old, but still very good. However, it's not going to be a super-detailed build.

Thanks for comments :D  

Hubert