DH.82A Tiger Moth - G-ACDC (1/32, ICM)

PrzemoL

9 hours ago, mozart said:

Looks absolutely splendid already! :D  So what’s your general assessment of the ICM Tiger Moth, I’m planning to start mine shortly. 

I will refrain from comments on accuracy, as you have done the great job in you comparison of three available kits.

ICM kit builds to a fine looking DH82a without any problems. Filler was used rarely, flash is minimal, fit is very good. But many details which in this scale should be present are missing. Eduard PE helps in the cockpit but not much beyond, especially the engine and the fittings around. The engine from the box is better closed. I also regret not to have the rudder and elevator cut from the stabilisers. Still, my impression from the first contact with ICM products is very positive.

Especially that I have just completed this build.

20211021-213325.jpg

Edited by PrzemoL

Really tremendous effort here, and the end result looks amazing!

24 minutes ago, PrzemoL said:

Filler was used rarely, flash is minimal, fit is very good. But many details which in this scale should be present are missing. Still, my impression from the first contact with ICM products is very positive.

My first experience with ICM is that of their new AH-1G Cobra, and I would have to reiterate the exact same feeling about it; well done, very fun to build, but with some details that are not in keeping with what can be done in the larger scale. 

I hope my Tigermoth turns out as good! Well done