X-15A-2 Question

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I am looking to make an inflight of a SH 1/32 X-15A-2.  What I am looking for and cannot seem to find is the dimensions of the eject-able lower fin.  Does anyone know the dimensions of it?  Is it the same size as the upper one?

Thanks,

Richard

Don't have your answer but it's a mighty fine kit. Mine comes with the hideously complicated resin dolly which I intend to modify by substituting some metal parts, for a ground display.

Out of curiosity, where are you getting the pilot?  There's a complete dearth of seated aircrew figures dressed in the American David Clark spacesuit. I'm likely to need a couple of smaller scale versions for the impending Revell Habu so am genuinely interested.

Tony 

10 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Out of curiosity, where are you getting the pilot?  There's a complete dearth of seated aircrew figures dressed in the American David Clark spacesuit. I'm likely to need a couple of smaller scale versions for the impending Revell Habu so am genuinely interested.

Tony 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/T8WDT682N/x-15-pilot-1-32

On 6/15/2021 at 12:02 PM, Tony T said:

Don't have your answer but it's a mighty fine kit. Mine comes with the hideously complicated resin dolly which I intend to modify by substituting some metal parts, for a ground display.

Tony 

Allthumbs beat me to it; the shapeways link he posted.  Only thing, the visor is up on the helmet, but how much can you really see through the small windows?

Thanks for the link Finn.  That will help a lot.

I also might not go through all the trouble of scratch building the lower fin.  Someone informed me that after a few flights it was found to cause instability so they left it off.

Thanks for the help everyone.