Little Bunny - Italian Front Thunderbolt

John1

So I took JayW's advice on the prop being too extended and the need for the "brush housing" around the propeller shaft.   I built it up from some bits of scrap plastic/resin and styrene rod for the electrical line.   Too say it's "rough" is an understatement but actually, with the prop in place, you really can't see it very well anyway.   Better than where I was before.   Thanks again for the info! 

gRGMwaD.jpg

And I just realized that the one picture I took of this area doesn't show in in very good detail.  If I remember, I'll try to get a better shot, if not, you'll have to trust me on this one.  

Aside from that, I added the wingtip navigation lights and did some additional touch ups around the canopy.  

PtLNfpv.jpg

Also added the very nice resin gunsight from the MDC cockpit set.   lastly, I hit the clear parts with some Novis plastic polish (this stuff is so much better than Future). 

I4VGRfh.jpg

nua5Kj3.jpg

I've a few small items to add / tweak but I think I'm wrapping up this WIP.  I'll post some addition RFI shots but I just wanted to thank everyone who chipped in with advice, pictures and patiently answered my hundred or so questions about the P-47D.    This started off slow, I really wasn't feeling it for this project but thanks to all the good folks here on LSP, it ended up being quite enjoyable.    

As always, thanks for looking!

John

On 10/20/2021 at 3:32 AM, MikeMaben said:

Don't be frightened John, remember it's only a plastic toy 

Mike - LOL!  I continually have to remind myself of this.  I guess the nervousness comes from the modeler investing so much time and energy into a project, to then ruin it or otherwise degrade the quality of it is just not OK! 

13 hours ago, John1 said:

If I remember, I'll try to get a better shot

Yeah I for one would like to see what you did.  And, Little Bunnie already looked like a big bad ass Thunderbolt - but now it REALLY does.

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, PHBIO said:

John, I am very impressed with weathering. Please, could you specify your "custom mix faded OD magical formula" ?... thank you

I wish I could give you better info.    I started with Model Master OD and simply added small amounts of white, yellow and tan until it looked right.   I then made some small changes to get an uneven, mottled appearance to the original OD paint.   Hope this is of some use.  

John