Neomega 1/48 Tunnan

LSP_Kevin

Hi Kev. I do not have this kit, but I hope that you do get one from somewhere?

I have recently obtained the Hobby Boss 1/48 (actually 1/51) scale J29B Tunnan kit, which apart for oversize (for its scale) wheels and nose intake - and useless decals - is a pretty good kit; I'll decide how to correct mine when I get around to making it. from reviews I've read, the NeOmega kit is a bit of a bear to make and, on balance, it is probably is a toss up between which kit is the better!

The kit I would really like to have is the Pilots Replica J29, which is beautiful and accurate.

Good luck

Derek

Edited by Derek B

13 minutes ago, Derek B said:

The kit I would really like to have is the Pilots Replica J29, which is beautiful and accurate.

And recently re-released I believe! I'll be aiming to pick up another one when I can. It's pretty much a short-run kit, though, so I'd imagine the Hobby Boss one would go together with less fuss. But I've yet to build either of them, so I guess the jury's still out on that score.

Kev

Hi all!

I can only say; go for the Pilot Replicas´J-29 Tunnan!

It´s a high quality kit comparable with Tamiya and Hasegawa, fit, detail and finesse is top-notch, no other J-29 kit comes close!

Sadly, it´s somewhat hard to get, but they will make a new run soon from what I hear.

IMG_4389

Cheers!

Stefan :D

Thanks, Stefan. I already have both the Hobby Boss and Pilot Replicas kits, so I'm just looking to complete my collection with the Neomega kit if I can. I also have several 1/72 scale kits, and two of Tigger's vac kits in 1/32 scale. You might notice a pattern forming here!

Kev