1930 Bugatti Type 35B, Louis Chiron. MFH 1/20.

pg265

6 hours ago, RLWP said:

Ah, my mistake.

There seems to be one in stock here: https://shop.autographmodel.com/Model-Factory-Hiro-1-20-car-model-kit-K760-Bugatti-Type-35-Monaco-Winner-1930

And if this is 1/20 sclae, my admiration has gone up considerably! It looks better than the pictures of the 1/12 model on the MFH site

Richard

Why did you have to show me that link......? I didn't need one more temptation to agonize over. :D

Good evening,

In a playful mood, (and completely under the spell of these little gems !!) I decided to use castle nuts like on the Tipo 500.
The front suspension is complete and, like the rear, composed of blades to be assembled one by one and to be crimped.
The assembly of the components of the front axle is extremely precise: a treat!

85809d10.jpg

74252510.jpg

2dbed910.jpg

65c59210.jpg

Woilà woilà.

Pascal

Edited by pg265

You are doing castellated nuts and split pins for fun. In my job, I often have to use the horrible things on con rod bolts, four per rod, around floor level, working through a hole in the side of the crankcase

I hate castellated nuts and split pins...

I quite like wirelocking though

Richard

16 minutes ago, RLWP said:

You are doing castellated nuts and split pins for fun. In my job, I often have to use the horrible things on con rod bolts, four per rod, around floor level, working through a hole in the side of the crankcase

I hate castellated nuts and split pins...

I quite like wirelocking though

Richard

Just done some wire locking on a 737 at work yesterday and on the T-6 on which I fly with a friend of mine this afternoon! :D

Good evening,

The Bugatti has just taken an important step with the painting of the main body parts:
Masking, primer, paint and varnish.
The gloss of the varnish is deliberately moderate.

bacba410.jpg

ea3f3e10.jpg

57573d10.jpg

8bcfc710.jpg

I then looked at the dashboard and the firewall, here they are almost finished. Windows have been added to the dials.

fadbf510.jpg

e8c4d810.jpg

678fa410.jpg

Pascal

Good evening,

Still progressing.
Added some details on the engine and its bulkhead, as well as the cockpit side with a little plumbing.
The flat bottom and the lower parts of the hull are now assembled, as well as the central part.

This set is already starting to weigh a bit...

cdebd810.jpg

52cddc10.jpg

650e1f10.jpg

1b3cc210.jpg

629fa110.jpg

Gifts day.

16979e10.jpg

Pascal

On 3/17/2021 at 5:27 AM, scvrobeson said:

Are those the MFH turned metal decals on the instrument panel?  How did they do?

Matt 

Hi,

Yes, the Alu sheet is from MFH, but not provided with the kit.

It’s a kind of BMF, more tacky.

Pascal

2 hours ago, pg265 said:

Hi,

Yes, the Alu sheet is from MFH, but not provided with the kit.

It’s a kind of BMF, more tacky.

Pascal

Cool.  I've thought about using the small pattern for the cowlings on 1/32 WW1 planes.  Might have to order a sheet to test it out.  Is it thin, or thick?

Matt 

1 minute ago, pg265 said:

Very thin Matt.

Really like BMF ;) 

That's great to hear.  Will definitely need to grab a sheet them for British cowlings.  They definitely had the turned metal finish that's next to impossible to replicate without insane amounts of effort.

Matt 

Hello,

I met a small assembly problem: I am missing 1mm for a correct junction between the manifolds and the exhaust pipes ... I had to make a mistake.
I turned two extensions in a scrap of white metal, soldered them, filed and polished them, then inserted a copper rod before treating them with the burnisher.

3cfab510.jpg

e54a7d10.jpg

50704210.jpg

11793310.jpg

The plumbing of the passenger compartment is complete, the fuel tank pressurizing pump installed and equipped with its handle.

4c989b10.jpg

The seat is painted with oils, a few additional touches will be made later ... but not too much.

903a0110.jpg

The last elements were painted blue. I modified the 3 parts of the front part to obtain a seamless assembly.

5a78af10.jpg

More very soon.

Pascal:piliot: