Four-in-one airliner deal

Alex

I saw this on eBay and for $45 US I could not resist.

pnxwAXHlj

I had never seen this combination boxing anywhere before.  I stumbled on it because I was looking for another 1:144 Constellation, having just built Revell's kit of the exact plane (Eisenhower's Columbine III) that's included here.  

pozRQVOjj

po807z4Gj

The ironic thing is that I probably won't build any of these with the schemes included here.  I was looking for a second Connie to do in a commercial carrier livery, I already have a standalone Minicraft kit of Truman's Independence, so this will probably become a civilian DC-6, and I plan to build the 314 as Pacific Clipper, the first commercial passenger aircraft to circumnavigate the globe.  Maybe at least I will build the 707 as boxed - the first presidential plane to actually be called "Air Force One".  In any event, my 1:144 airliner stash continues to grow much faster than I build them...

On 2/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Nice score! Just be aware that the 314 kit is actually an updated reboxing of the old Airfix kit. Minicraft removed most of the raised details and cleaned up the tooling a bit, so it's probably a nicer kit than the Airfix one anyway.

Kev

Interestingly, I had apparently also ordered a copy of the Airfix kit on eBay (arrived today in the mail).  That's how you know you spend too much time scanning eBay for used model kits.  On quick comparison it seem that the molds are identical save that the Airfix is an odd khaki plastic versus the gray Minicraft.  Both have extremely subtle raised panel lines on the fuselage, but these are so fine as to be inoffensive to my eye.  What is different is the decal sheet for the Airfix (obviously unusable) versus the Minicraft (looks pretty good).