Announcing “Building the Special Hobby Tempest in 1/32 Scale”!

LSP_Kevin

I’m pleased to announce that the next eBook release from KLP Publishing will be Building the Special Hobby Tempest in 1/32 Scale, by renowned modeller and LSP member, Chuck Sawyer. Chuck has built many outstanding and award-winning models, some of which have graced the pages and cover of FineScale Modeler magazine.

WS0dY4.jpg

In this new Build Guide, Chuck takes Special Hobby’s decent but challenging 1/32 Hawker Tempest Mk V kit, combines it with a resin nose upgrade set from Barracuda Studios, along with some judicious detailing, and turns out yet another masterpiece.

Nysanp.jpg

We’re planning to have Building the Special Hobby Tempest in 1/32 Scale available by the end of Q1 2021—and with good luck and hard work, sooner than that!

Stay tuned for more news and updates as they come to hand.

Kev

16 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Looking forward to reading it, sometimes it can be difficult following a build, so it's good to have the streamlined version to savour.

Thanks, Andy. It will be streamlined, but also expanded! It will have our usual appendices and extras, and I'll be working hard to include as much relevant information as possible. Chuck also sent me a bunch of new RFI photos that haven't been seen anywhere else yet.

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve tried to build this kit before but flubbed out in the landing gear bays. Just acquired the kit again via trade so will buy the book before taking on my second attempt at this kit. I also found the Revell instructions to be better than the Special Hobby ones so will use both in my build.