AMMO by MiG Paints?

Juggernut

I've heard these paints are decent so I opted to give them a try.  Does anybody here use them and if so, do you have any recommendations/observations on their use (i.e., is it imperative to use the AMMO primer and/or the AMMO thinner)?  I've purchased a bottle of their grey primer and a few colors to try out.  Since my go-to paints (enamels) are fastly disappearing, I thought I'd give these a shot (pun intended).  PLEASE NOTE:  This isn't a thread asking about recommendations on/for any other paints...I'm specifically asking ONLY about the acrylic AMMO by MiG paints and their use.

I use them a lot and don’t have any problems.  My recommendation is to always use them over a primer.  I normally use Badger Stynylrez primer.  Some have said that their Ammo One Shot Primer is the same thing repackaged, but I never tried it.  I typically use their brand thinner when using their paints to avoid any problems.  You don’t need that much and a bottle lasts a while since I only use it for thinning, not for cleaning the airbrush afterwards.  Only negative is they recommend letting it dry for 24 hours, so if you want to lay a base coat and then immediately mask and lay down a second color, it may not work out right.  HTH.

Edited by Dave Williams

I'd second the above. They work best over primer, either their own or Mr Surfacer 1500, but can be a little fragile if you don't let them dry thoroughly. You can increase the robustness by thinning with Mr Levelling rather than their own thinner but l get decent results with both.

The transparent primer can also be used as a very nice matte varnish as well.