Resin2Detail Pratt & Witney R-2800

Archimedes

This looks like a nice upgrade for anyone building an A-26, B-26, Hellcat, Bearcat and quite a few other U.S. types

https://www.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=36326&mode=thread&order=0

does anyone have any experience of this company’s products?

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes
Typo

Just a note that if you're after accuracy, this engine will not work for all installations of the R-2800, especially P-47D-25 and later.  The R-2800 modeled appears to be the early version used on the F4U-1 (and early F4U-1A) corsair and possibly the F6F (I'm still researching the ignition system on the R-2800-10/10W), judging by the tubular ignition harness and the teardrop shaped distributors.  If it's applicable to the F6F Hellcat, that'll be good news to those of us who have the old Hasegawa kit still in the stash (hoping and praying for a Tamiya replacement). 

I wish the engine could've been rendered with optional distributors and a GE ignition system; that would make it much more versatile.  It is a nice piece of 3D printing though and I look forward to seeing one painted up.

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Just a note that if you're after accuracy, this engine will not work for all installations of the R-2800, especially P-47D-25 and later.  The R-2800 modeled appears to be the early version used on the F4U-1 (and early F4U-1A) corsair and possibly the F6F (I'm still researching the ignition system on the R-2800-10/10W), judging by the tubular ignition harness and the teardrop shaped distributors.  If it's applicable to the F6F Hellcat, that'll be good news to those of us who have the old Hasegawa kit still in the stash (hoping and praying for a Tamiya replacement). 

I wish the engine could've been rendered with optional distributors and a GE ignition system; that would make it much more versatile.  It is a nice piece of 3D printing though and I look forward to seeing one painted up.

Would this be the correct version of the R-2800 for the A-26B?

12 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

Would this be the correct version of the R-2800 for the A-26B?

After a cursory evaluation, if appears that it’s not appropriate for any version of the A/B-26 Invader.  According to my references, the A-26B/C was equipped with the R-2800-27,-71, and -79, B series engines (the latter two having the General Electric “turtleback” ignition systems).  I need to look a little deeper to tell definitively about the -27 though.

Edited by Juggernut
added A-26 model information