Hasegawa 32nd TA-4K

Anthony in NZ

Well Gents,

Today I worked on joining the 2 nose cap ends I cut off together and filled, sanded, filled, sanded......................until I now have a perfectly smooth interior after spraying with Mr Surfacer and buffing, it is now ready to start detailing.

You will see I put one of my cast wheels in the pic that I made.

I have started putting on the weld seams on my new 400gal tank I made with 0.4mm rod with one side scraped flat, this is tougher than I thought it would be to get symetrical. There is lots of work still to be done with filler caps, access panels, drains etc. I will post a pic when there is more to look at.

Thanks for looking

post-4-1137060213.jpg

Hi Ant, this is some great work you're doing here! The neatness and build quality of your scratch building is amongst the highest I've ever seen. Can't wait to see this RNZAF bird progress. Doesn't feel right saying 'Kiwi bird' cos they can't fly! :D

Cheers and keep up the top work.

Ango.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a spell away from the desk with family matters to tend to, I have been working on the intakes.

These are the Cutting Edge 'Super Fox' intakes with the "M" style bulges that have been carved up.

I initially decided to just sand off the bulges but changed my mind as scribing/riveting is easier on plastic than resin. So I used my dremmel and ground off all the exterior down to just the internal trunking. This was then inserted into the modified kit part as per the pic.

Now for those building this kit there is a small area that needs addressing now. On plan view the intake pieces dont follow a nice transition from the main fuse. I steadily built it up with super glue until I got a nice profile. The intake was then scribed, primed with white and she is done. All that needs doing now is the engine compressor front fan. Now I had a look at a Tamiya F-16 and the engine front looks perfect (even though it is a different engine) with a little modification would look great . Does anyone have a spare??????? Or a part number?

Anyway feel free to ask questions. I am back onto the 400 gal c/l tank again as I found a good shot of all the drains underneath now.

Thanks for looking

Anthony

post-4-1138413147.jpg

Thanks Dave & Ango

I have finished my 400 gal centreline fuel tank and will post a pic when I have it primed on the weekend.

I am really happy how it turned out but the filler cap was enough to make me go mad!

I am contemplating sanding off the vortex generators on the wing as they look a little thick, but am not sure how to go about making new ones. I guess brass or alluminium sheet. But they are tiny and I have to get them in perfect allignment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Anthony

I love the work Anthony! Very exact and crisp! I like it! Can't wait to see her finished up in all her glory... the is something about the scooter I have always liked..... compact, and sleek!

Good job!

Cheers

Alan

And I am assuming you will do here up in the flag of the kiwi? B)

Well a small update today.

I have finished scratchbuilding the 400gal centreline fuel tank. I took the pic before priming as you can see all the weld seams, filler cap and drains etc.

I know it isnt much to look at but it was a mission to make and get symettrical, and placing it underneath the wing where it will go looks great. It is quite visibly bigger than the 300gal underwing ones.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Anthony

post-4-1139110509.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Robert

I appreciate your kind words offer to help with bits.

Belynda and I have shifted house and I cant get going for at least 6 weeks while we wait to move into our new house.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cheers

Anthony

Guest LSP_Jay L
the Skyhawk has always been my favorite jet and I'm looking forward to the rest of the build.

even though I am not a fan of skyhawks at all, I think you are doing a fantastic and tidy job here Anthony. Nice work!!

Cheers mate,

Jay

• 6 years later...