David Union Sanders / now optimum handy Routers

Troy Molitor

In looking for a sander for a project, I asked Troy for some advice and picked up a D400 sander from him. It just arrived here in Canada so I'll be looking forward to trying it out. 

Thanks for answering my questions and the great service. 

Carl

Hey Carl,  Bill,

Good to hear all is well in Canada.  I'll have some news to announce soon about some sponge adhesive pads to use with the D400 (sander)..  There is also a new template being offered to easily cut out the sponges that will fit each individual shapes for the sander tips that come with the D400.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I have a good mate to let him go through this for us.   

Coming soon there will be a new drill press device to use with the D550 router that is coming out soon.  This is a vertical mount drill press using the D550 (semi pro) that will also have a small table type saw device as an added feature to use.  Coming soon.  If interested, I can provide send some pictures of the prototype.  

The new D150 mini pin vise is also a great addition and sells well.  

A great shout out to all you gent's for supporting me for the past several years.  Thank you.  

Kindest regards,

Troy  

Hi Troy, any time frame on the drill press release? Was about to go the Dremel route but would much rather use the D550. Thanks Walt.

Edited by Tec182

On 4/17/2024 at 8:08 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Hey Carl,  Bill,

Good to hear all is well in Canada.  I'll have some news to announce soon about some sponge adhesive pads to use with the D400 (sander)..  There is also a new template being offered to easily cut out the sponges that will fit each individual shapes for the sander tips that come with the D400.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I have a good mate to let him go through this for us.   

Coming soon there will be a new drill press device to use with the D550 router that is coming out soon.  This is a vertical mount drill press using the D550 (semi pro) that will also have a small table type saw device as an added feature to use.  Coming soon.  If interested, I can provide send some pictures of the prototype.  

The new D150 mini pin vise is also a great addition and sells well.  

A great shout out to all you gent's for supporting me for the past several years.  Thank you.  

Kindest regards,

Troy  

Hi Troy,

Can you email me images or send them in a message, please? A drill press is next on my buying list and I’m about ready to buy one this week. 

Hi  Gent's,

I went back to David and posed the question for the drill press dimensions and asked for more pictures.  I only have one picture from a trade show in Taipei.  Morgan is the engineer working on this devise and I also sent me the same request.  I'll post anything I receive.  I'm pretty sure this is a few more months away in making it to the retail market.  This drill press is for the D550 semi pro router and there is also a feature which you can pivot the press for any horizontal cutting like that of a mini table saw.   I'll certainly keep you posted and thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Troy