David Union Sanders / now optimum handy Routers

Troy Molitor

A few months ago I embarked on a little venture to try and get the David Union Sanders (D400) into the hands of some fellow LSP members in hopes I could share in some of the joy using this little ergonomic lateral pen sander. I discovered this device while living in Singapore for the last four years.  This little precision sander with its multiple head attachments is ideal for working on surfaces and slots, recesses and small narrow spaces.  Often I would create a lot of re-scribing and damage with my heavy handedness using a wide width sanding stick.  Enough said. The D400 lateral 3mm sander sells itself. Great LSP success.  

Fast forward a few months later and I am now the US distributor for the David Union product line and I’m trying to introduce these same sanders into Europe/U.K./Australia for additional exposure.  I have the same pricing as David Union and purchasing these items on my own and trying to ship them into Europe with the appropriate wall plug in attachments.  Covid 19 did not help in this endeavor but this is another story.  A few have made it into Europe and Im excited to see what we could do in group orders for them!  

Recently,  I have been asked to see if there would be interest in their mini ergonomic pen routers.  The D300, D360 ACCU and D360 elite.  
I sold several recently and direct referrals from David Union, yet more importantly I wanted to try these out for myself before agreeing to sell them for DU.   I now own a D360 ACCU which is 1/3 the size and weight as a Dremel tool.  I was informed the D360 ACCU would be the replacement of the D300 eventually, however that has now been delayed for a while longer.  Good news. (I’ll explain below). 
These devices are low start up RPM and ideal for drilling and yet go up to 12,500 RPM.  The torque is much more limited in the low RPM but your not going to be melting a lot of plastic doing the things you need to get accomplished!  

D300 retails for $80 USD plus shipping.
D360 ACCU retails for $65 plus shipping. 
D360 elite  retails for $89 plus shipping.  ( TBD).  
M series collet set is $15.00 USD 2.35mm, 3.0mm and 3.175mm.  

• The D360 ACCU comes with one collet.  I can’t really recommend this router "as is" without a three piece collet set sold separately for an additional $15.00 USD.  The reason for this recommendation is the largest collet set is 3.175mm which will fit most if not al,l Dremel bits.   
  • The D300 has two collets with the devise but has a precision head that will accept the smallest diameter drill bits.  This kit also comes with a limited assortment of additional grinder and cutter bits.  I don’t own this devise but it's the biggest band for the buck currently if you wan to use it form really small drilling operations.
  • The D360 elite.  I don’t know much about this devise but its more expensive than the other two devises. (Retail $89.00 USD plus shipping).  I have a few of these incoming this week and will tell you more details about them when they arrive.    

Drop me a PM or visit my sites and I’ll be able to provide more details if interested.  Thank you for your great support.  rFMcp55.pnghNjb2Bq.jpgmqqUlr6.pngMdoOw5O.pngYIxygBj.jpg

Hello LSP, fans,

I received a large order this week from David Union supplying me with DU routers.  I was a bit reluctant at first pushing these routers.  Everyone our age will likely have a Dremel in their own arsenal of another devise of choice. I have purchased one for my own use and really enjoyed the flexibility and range I have with my D360 ACCU.  I also had a lot of success this week with router orders.  Maybe these routers will sell themselves like the D400 sanders?????  I think so.  

1.  D300 Pen type grinder.  This is what our friend "Sir Thunnis" is CURRENTLY using on his Shinden build at the moment.  $80 retail plus shipping.  This router comes with a precision pin vise head and two extra collets.  There is also a large assortment of grinder /cutting bits with this set.  Seriously, a good value for the money.  THIS IS THE ROUTER I STILL WANT.  

2.  D360 ACCU.  This particular router was designed to replace the D300 (mentioned above) however, it comes with only one collet. I have sold five of these over the last couple of weeks and can't honestly recommend this devise without the M201 Three piece collet set which retails for $15.00 extra.  Every D360 ACCU router I have sold, the buyers have come back for the additional collet set.  The largest collet in this 3 piece set is the 3.175mm which will adapt to all the Dremel bits you may already own.  The D360 ACCU retails for $65 plus shipping.  I have a large amount in stock but I have the extra collet sets coming in next week.  

3.  D360 Elite.  Optimum handy router.  This router is the same devise as the D360 ACCU but it comes with ten precision cutters/grinder bits.  There is also a holder devise to place the router in a cradle when not in use.  This D360 Elite router retails for $90 plus shipping but was rumored to be discontinued.  This has been rescinded by David Union until further notice..

I sell these routers for exactly what David Union will sell them to you and there is no mark up.  I thinks it's time to trade in the 70's style exsisiting (Pinto) router you currently own for one that fits in your hand like a cigar.  The range of 1,500 to 13,500 RPMs is there however you wont be melting plastic on start up like you do with your current devise.

Don't for get the D400 sanders either.  I've sold 50 of these sanders and had two wives recently buy them for finger nail filers! I love it.  Not mentioning this any further!  

I believe I have narrowed down the USPS shipping for these router to $10.00 USD   

I can also order these for the U.K.and Europe friends to have the proper wall plug in units.  I just need a group order and I will make it happen for our European friends  I have sold two into Europe and I hope to get these devices into the hands of my fellow LSP in the U.K and Europe.  Australia too!  

Again, I can't thank you enough for the awesome support from our own LSP site.  

Kindest regards, 

trexxtools@gmail.com. eBay.  

Troy 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First UK customer (I think) and a very happy one at that. Messaged Troy several times and very helpful and knowledgeable to ensure I received the correct products.

So what did I get? D400 Sander and a D360 router, complete with UK spec plugs and ready to go. 

And paid for on Monday and received on Friday same week direct from supplier. That's service!

Pics are direct from the package.

W9Sb3oa.jpg

zDSKnWc.jpg

UEvKL6W.jpg

dhuThft.jpg

qQlT6Ov.jpg

G1AvUYp.jpg

LmRj7Rj.jpg

FvnaGOC.jpg

Having used both items yesterday I can wholly recommend these to anyone looking to add a little finesse to their models. The router is so small its like working with a pencil as you can hold it the same way. It is also very refined in the speed you wish to use it at. I don't know the min rpm but its so much lower than any other tool I've used and no fear of melting rather than grinding the plastic.  

Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

I have made custom orders for customers in the U.K. Australia, Belgium, Germany, Canada, Italy and the USA.  Factory direct mailing with the proper wall plug attachments and for the same pricing.   This has been a lot of fun supporting the LSP community.  Thanks to all for the awesome support.  

Troy 

Howdy all, thought these tools looked extremely handy so contacted David Union but they were unable to supply me directly in Australia due to the covid situation. So I thought to myself, "Self - I'm pretty sure Troy on LSP distributes these in North America". So I contacted Troy and I have to say he was awesome in facilitating an order for me with direct factory shipping to Australia with Australian plugs at the same price I would have paid direct with David Union. I'd encourage anyone here who's interested to work through Troy as his support was fantastic.

Getting on to the tools, Aaron has posted some photos and and a review of the D400 sander above so I won't cover that ground again other than to say I'm relieved to have something more precise and much quicker for sanding than my fat fingers! What is perhaps a bit different is that I ordered the D360 Elite router which comes with 10 various bits and I was interested to find has a 3-jaw chuck arrangement similar to what you might find in your power drill rather than a collet.

D360-E-web.jpg

D360-E-unboxed-web.jpg

bits-web.jpg

chuck-closed.jpg

chuck-open.jpg

This makes it extremely flexible in the range of tools it can take down to the smallest drill bits I have in my pin vise set. It spins down to 1500 rpm which is ideal for working on styrene without melting the plastic, which has been what's kept me away from a Dremel so far. At the other end of the spectrum, I actually used it to remove some misplaced locating tabs on a hard plastic auto fitting for my son's car, so it's also useful off the hobby bench!

Thanks again Troy!