The next LSP Forum Group Build starting June 1st...

BradG

8 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

You'd have to include the newly released BF-108 in the eligability list too, as it was used on most Luftwaffe stations as a communications aircraft.

Alas, I don't think I'm going to join in on this group build as the only plane I have in my stash is the Trumpeter BF-109E4/Trop, and I'm fairly certain the Luftwaffe didn't fit tropical filters to their planes during the Battle of Britain. :(

Cheers,

Michael

IIRC You leave off the filter while replacing the air intake with one that has no filter attachment bracket.  No drop tank. Was not Helmit Wick’s ‘109 an E-4?

11 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

One of the scarier parts is having to drill two large holes in your newly finished Walrus fuselage to support the wings.

Might want to find a way to drill those before adding all the interior stuff.

Not wanting to put you off of it, just making sure you are prepared grasshopper. :D

Thanks for reminding me. I saw this scary step within a build I saw somewhere.  I usually build, fit and tape a kit way out in advance of the glue.  I will drill the holes in advance. Probably with the help of an assembly jig. The kit instructions show a jig to attach the engine correctly. Scary suspension and angle. 

I will make a sanding tool to hold the stringers and other parts flat against the paper.  I need to keep my skin intact. 

I did just now review my RAF paint color stash. I have ample stock of all the colors, especially the interior green. LOL.  It’s a big model!  

Rick

9 hours ago, RLWP said:

That kit is one of the few that is widely available and not expensive. Is the tropical filter a separate part?

Richard

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

IIRC You leave off the filter while replacing the air intake with one that has no filter attachment bracket.  No drop tank. Was not Helmit Wick’s ‘109 an E-4?

I've had a quick look through the kit, and as best as I can presently see, there's no unfiltered air intake in the box.  I had wanted to build the kit with the desert camouflage, and I'm presently thinking about what I'll build next and the 109 is not on my horizon at the moment.

Cheers,

Michael