Peruvian and Dutch Corsairs

Hi all,

I've just ordered a Tamiya F4U-1D and would like to do something different to the usual US Navy, Marines or FAA schemes. Looking at Wiki ( which is never, ever wrong :rolleyes: ) it appears that the Dutch and Peruvian Navies operated the type - but I can't find a single picture of one in service with either - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or not trying hard enough.  Can anyone help with pictures, profiles and/or publications?

Cheers,

Sepp

Thanks for the reply!

According to the infallible wiki, Netherlands operated them until 1953 so it'd be a later iteration I'd be interested in rather than from the FAA days. 

I see that in fact Peru operated U4s (my mistake - looks like I'll have to get one of those, too) so in the absence of any pix of one in MLD service, El Salvador or Uruguay (1954-75) it might yet be :)

Others may be more familiar with Royal Netherlands Navy, but I'm fairly certain the Dutch did not have Corsairs. The aircraft carrier HNLMS Karel Doorman was equipped with Fairey Fireflies and Hawker Sea Furies, and I believe Avengers later...no Corsairs. 

Not sure about Peru.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Neither the Netherlands nor Peru flew the Corsair, that Wiki page is extremely inaccurate. 

Well, that makes the choice rather easier! :lol: