F-16 Dark Falcon 1/32 decals anyone?

Nic C.D.

The Belgian Air Force F-16 Demo Team is preparing for its 3rd and final season and in a few weeks, we'll start painting the new design of the vertical tail, which changes every year.

Over the last two years, we've had some modellers asking if we could offer decals in 1/32, but so far, only 1/72 and 1/48 are available. When speaking to Syhart Decals, who designed the decals, he told us it was possible to offer 1/32 decals if he had a minimum order of 100 sets. A modelshop in Belgium has agreed to take 50 sets, so we need about 50 more ordered.

So, here my question: are any of you possibly interested in a set of these decals?  Here's the aircraft we're talking about:

540.jpg

I'm not quite sure what the price of the set will be (probably somewhere around 30 euro), but it includes 4 sheets, covering everything from wings to tail. The top of the kit just needs to be painted black. Also included is a set of 9 masks for the belly of the jet. Because only 100 will be produced, we'll include a photo of the Dark Falcon, signed by the pilot.   

I'm crossing my fingers now!

Nic

Edited by Nic C.D.

I'm in

and just to be honest here I'm not a true fan on adding aal the stripes in the form of decals I spray them way easier and better to control the fades and makes the sheet a lot less expensive

Just my 0.02

Cheers Fred

Hi Michael,

The jet is called the "Dark Falcon", but the pilot's Call Sign is "Vador". He got this because his family name is Darte.

He's a highly experienced pilot with 3.200 hours on the F-16. He is from 2 Wing, based at Florennes AB in Belgium.  

Hey Fred, I understand, but because there are gradients on the stripes on the wings, the decals in the other scales were done that way. I've seen some finished kits in 1/48 and they look really good, mostly because of the great quality of the Syhart Decals.

Nic

I kicked Sylvain's butt at Affligem for not having made these already available the D day special ones especially! He was thinking about it I just hope to God he does those as well they'd sell like hot candy....

Cheers

Fred

• 2 months later...

I talked to Sylvain recently and I think the decals will be done later this year. Not just with the 2018 and 2019 vertical tails, but also with the one for this year.

The new tail has been finished and the jet is standing in it's hangar, but due to restrictions, it hasn't been flown yet and the design hasn't been presented officially yet. I can't tell you how frustrating that is. And the way it looks now with all the airshows being cancelled, chances are that very few people will ever see it! 

I will keep you informed on the decals here, of course !

Nic

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, mambodan72 said:

Wow, this looks great! There are some great options for the F-16 with the USAF Aggressor versions and also the Dutch Livery we are spoilt for options!

A 1/32 nd F-16 is definitely on the wish list

I am currently working on stencils for the Dutch 2007-2009 solo F-16 since I doubt we will ever see decals and MRP does the colors.  Won't be easy but it could be a lot worse... 

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever the status of this is, I would be interested (although I would need some guidance on what kit and aftermarket to make the correct version).  I just started modeling this spring after being out of it for over 30 years.  A 1/72 Dark Falcon and 1/48 Tamiya F-15C were built in parallel.  I am pretty sure that 1/72 is not a scale I will be delving into much but it was acceptable for learning to use my airbrush and lots of decaling practice.  Would love to take a lessons learned to a 1/32 scale of the same subject.