1/32 Hobby Boss F-84G Thunderbirds

themongoose

She is as DONE as I can get her right now! Once I figure out how to print decals I will add the Thunderbird and Country logos for the final touch.

Built completely out of the box. Foiled using Microscale foil glue and kitchen foil of varying weights. The foil around the exhaust was treated with bleach, pennies, and fishing weights to develop the heat affected zone. All graphics are painted on using Maketar Kabuki paper and my Silhouette Cameo3. This plane represents the 1954 show season (albeit without the country and Thunderbird logos because I haven’t mastered making my own decals yet if you know what I mean ;-) )The only decals are in the cockpit and the no-step lettering on the wings. Paints are MCW(Model Car World) acrylic lacquer for the plane and Vallejo acrylics in the cockpit.

IMG_6429-L.jpg
IMG_6432-L.jpg
IMG_6435-L.jpg
IMG_6439-L.jpg
IMG_6445-L.jpg
Now this one is somewhat controversial...I didn't have an era appropriate pilot. He should have goggles on so I will have to make one up some day to add here.
IMG_6446-L.jpg

If you'd like to see more catch my WIP, it goes over all the challenges and delight that is foiling :thumbsup: : F-84G WIP
Edited by themongoose
wip link

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Nicely done

------------

I have as many modellers this excellent Hobbyboss 1/32 kit and also wanted a Thunderbirds scheme. Henk, a ,modelling friend from the SIG Aerobatic and Display teams persuaded me as he also wanted to make his 1/32 model in this scheme. 

Well, I designed my own F-84G Thunderbirds decals in 1/32, sheet #11

Look at my decals page here....

(Now, there is no excuse to start building my kit....  ;))

Edited by mydesign