Lt.Col. Maxwells BUSTER - FINISHED

blackbetty

• 2 weeks later...

harolds nose (an absolute must) was now attached to the front. the kit intake has very strange locating tabs at the front that have to be removed, a gap all around has to be filled on the inside. i used tamiya light-curing putty for this, it adheres nicely to plastic and resin. in the past i didnt have good results with this product, but tried it again since i found it in the toolbox. you have to make sure its mixed properly to get it to work, it then hardens very good in a miunte in direct sunlight and thereafter and can be scribed like plastic

19.jpg

thanx mark, its not two part, but the first time i used it, there was some clear fluid at the top of the pack. just mixing this into the pastier substance deeper in didnt cut it, it never hardened. now i only used the paste and it worked properly

• 4 weeks later...

not much mojo in the last couple of days, but i managed to join the fuselage and wings. i had a hard time mounting the resin nose, because the kit intake has to be shortened a little and gaps filled. i even had to make a half-round sanding stick to be able to smooth everything out

20.jpg
21.jpg

Edited by blackbetty