1/32 Sikorsky Ilya Muromets - myth?

catbloke

Apparently offered by De Agostini as a monthly series build. Has anyone ever seen one in reality? For some unknown reason I have a fascination with this aeroplane, and would would be keen to build a 32nd version. Here are two links from the net, from what I can gather there are 24 issues, but only 7 available?

http://mavzolhobby.com/store/deagostini/legend-aviation-scale-132/

Hi Tony, thanks, yes I saw that link and posted it in the original post, but having heard about this kit some time ago I was suspicious that perhaps the magazine series never got past issue 7?

36 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Am I the only one here who has never heard of De AgostinI?  Have I missed a memo again?

I don't think they have a presence in the US? Their thing is to flog stuff on a weekly/monthly basis, be it aeroplane kits, cuddly toys, car kits, etc, via a magazine-like subscription.

The cost to the consumer is ridiculously expensive. They currently over a 1/8 scale VW camper van. 24 months at - wait for it - £50 a month, total outlay £1,200.

£1,200!!!! For a 1/8 VW Camper model!!

Bloody daylight robbery.

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 11:51 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Dont they make the 1/43rd scale (or whatever scale) LSP Mellinium Falcon?

On 4/9/2019 at 3:04 AM, thierry laurent said:

Yes they did. 

They still do I believe. I've seen them come up from time to time on eBay for around $500 as a set. Which isn't far off from the Bandai 1/72. 

They do need a bit of work correcting details though. But it's certainly impressive when done.