Decal swaps

Pup7309

Hi I was looking for some ANZAC decals from the WNW RNAS Sopwith Pup. This got me thinking - all those decals that don’t get used, (there is only one set of national/ kit markings and control panel decals per kit aircraft) What to do with the other markings? 

Edited by Pup7309

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Hi I was looking for some ANZAC decals from the WNW RNAS Sopwith Pup. This got me thinking - all those decals that don’t get used, (there is only one set of national/ kit markings and control panel decals per kit aircraft) What to do with the other markings? 

Put them all in a box.You never know when they might be of use.

Or to help others.

13 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I have thought about this many times.

One tremendous use we could make of this website and community is to have a "unused decal" repository.

The idea being to set up a list of usernames and kit decals in their possession.  This could be browsed by other posters with the idea of shipping decals from point A to B with the buyer paying shipping fees, or maybe an additional fee for the decals themselves?  Or perhaps they could be swapped for?

I have always religiously saved unused decals from all genres of modeling for years and have them in various zip lock bags. 

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

The idea being to set up a list of usernames and kit decals in their possession.  This could be browsed by other posters with the idea of shipping decals from point A to B with the buyer paying shipping fees, or maybe an additional fee for the decals themselves?  Or perhaps they could be swapped for?

That sounds like a lot of work.

Why not just ask in the traders board for decals you are looking for.