Best NMF kits?

Gisbod

2 hours ago, TimW said:

Both the MiG-21-F13 and the MiG-21PF are excellent kits.  They are fine OOB, but It's fun to get a replacement seat/instruments to jazz them up a bit.  But it doesn't need much else and there are a lot of NMF schemes out there.

Cheers,

Tim W.

Are you talking the Trumpy 1/32 kits, Tim?  Trumpeter didn’t make a PF.  Their kits were the F-13, MF, and UM.

19 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Are you talking the Trumpy 1/32 kits, Tim?  Trumpeter didn’t make a PF.  Their kits were the F-13, MF, and UM.

Doh!  I meant MF...  Was thinking of the old Revell kit while typing, I guess!

Tim W.

Thanks for all the helpful input. Just for info, I’ve got a Kitty Hawk Sabre F-86K on the way, followed by their T-28 Trojan :)

As an aside, where can I get a 60’s style pilot’s helmet? I’ve seen a few poised with models, but I’m struggling finding one on the web?

thanks 

Guy

Edited by Gisbod

Not sure about just an empty helmet, but Master Details has pilot figures with extra heads, so with a small grinding bit in your Dremel you can do some surgery and make your own empty helmet, and still have a complete figure! They have several eras.

u-s-air-force-k-4d7f15c7ca177.jpgjet-pilot-with-b-4d7f1601af782.jpgu-s-air-force-v-4d7f150436346.jpg

On 7/28/2018 at 6:16 AM, Gisbod said:

Thanks for all the helpful input. Just for info, I’ve got a Kitty Hawk Sabre F-86K on the way, followed by their T-28 Trojan :)

As an aside, where can I get a 60’s style pilot’s helmet? I’ve seen a few poised with models, but I’m struggling finding one on the web?

thanks 

Guy

On 7/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, LSP_Ray said:

Not sure about just an empty helmet, but Master Details has pilot figures with extra heads, so with a small grinding bit in your Dremel you can do some surgery and make your own empty helmet, and still have a complete figure! They have several eras.

If you can't source it locally, I've got three lead (white metal?) heads from the example on the right that aren't doing anything but sitting in a plastic envelop taking up space.

Gaz