Bucker B131D Jungmann

mozart

OK, with the Gladiator pretty much finished apart from the aerials, the Bucker is calling to me, another ICM kit.  I really enjoyed the start of this but got seriously bogged down with the rigging.  Quite honestly I didn't know which type of line to use - I don't like EZ line because it's so inconsistent so on this one I used Uschi van Rosten's stuff, but it really is far too thin for this scale in my opinion and an absolute nightmare to use, hence the nearly two years on the SOD.

BUT!....renewed and re-invigorated....she will be completed, the rigging being the now tried and tested Prym.  I've a little remedial work to do from when I hacked out the previous attempt at rigging, and I need to reconsider moulding the strut "boots", but the Stieglitz should soon have a stable mate on the training field. :)

I've used the largest Uschi rigging without issue on 32nd builds. do you have the 2 other sizes? 

The nice thing about it is it doesn't tend to have flat spots or twist. 

I've just got a couple of reels of Prym to use on the Gladiators as per your excellent build.

1 hour ago, Wackyracer said:

I've used the largest Uschi rigging without issue on 32nd builds. do you have the 2 other sizes? 

The nice thing about it is it doesn't tend to have flat spots or twist. 

I've just got a couple of reels of Prym to use on the Gladiators as per your excellent build.

That's interesting, what size is that please?  I have 0.030 and 0.050, those are the only ones I've ever been able to find and both are too small in my opinion.  I agree about the flat spot or twisting, but Prym behaves itself if you do!!  Good luck with the Glad.

3 hours ago, mozart said:

That's interesting, what size is that please?  I have 0.030 and 0.050, those are the only ones I've ever been able to find and both are too small in my opinion.  I agree about the flat spot or twisting, but Prym behaves itself if you do!!  Good luck with the Glad.

Standard:  0,03mm

Fine:          0,02mm

Superfine: 0,01mm

Those are the only ones listed on Uschis site. Ive got the standard and have to agree with Max, its a bit small even with the largest "Standard" size.  The Uschi rigging is also actually flat in profile just like EZ Line, but its A. far thinner, and B. much more consistent in profile.  

1 hour ago, Wackyracer said:

Rna28dc.jpg

Standard rigging 0.03

Well that certainly looks right, assuming this is a 1/32 scale model, but on the much smaller Jungmann it was still too thin for me. I’ll do a further check later today, very happy to be proved wrong! :)

Thanks Chek, I have bought those but they are a bit underwhelming and disappointing to be honest.  When I’m checking the rigging material later I’ll have a closer look to see how useable they may be. 

22 hours ago, mozart said:

Well that certainly looks right, assuming this is a 1/32 scale model, but on the much smaller Jungmann it was still too thin for me. I’ll do a further check later today, very happy to be proved wrong! :)

Thanks Chek, I have bought those but they are a bit underwhelming and disappointing to be honest.  When I’m checking the rigging material later I’ll have a closer look to see how useable they may be. 

yes Max WNW AEG