Sign in to follow this  
LSP_Kevin

Wingnut Wings AEG Build Guide Now Available!

I can help with the translation, if you are interested, but I think it would be a waste of time and energy.
The whole attitude is like - for that amount of money it should be much more professional. 

He compares it to Michael Rinaldi's books...

I think he misses the fact that the build was not made and documented with the book in mind from the start.

And there's no mention of the other books you have published too.

Well, he doesn't like it. What can you do?

By the way, it can be bought in digital version here:

https://www.press.sk/2018+402/modelar-c.-052018/

Juraj

On 5/31/2018 at 5:13 PM, Trak-Tor said:

The whole attitude is like - for that amount of money it should be much more professional.

I find that flat-out bizarre, quite frankly. How much does he think it costs? It's 15 AUD - about 11 USD, £8.50, or less than 10 Euro. I can only agree that he's missed the point, as I feel it's tremendous value for money. I guess some people are only impressed by fancy layout and graphics. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion, and I can't really begrudge him that.

Kev

He compares it to Michael Rinaldi's books...

??? How more professional?

And what's wrong with Michael Rinaldi's books? I have the whole Tank Art series.

And what's wrong with Michael Rinaldi's books? I have the whole Tank Art series.

Yes, I had the same questions. I have most of Rinaldi's books, too, and while I have a couple of nits with them, it isn't for content.

I think Rinaldi's books are there as an example how it should look like. So there's nothing wrong with them, probably.  :)

Juraj

Well, there's nothing wrong with Karim's book unless you don't like online publishing. The reasonable price of e-books means that items that might not otherwise get published do because the publisher doesn't have to recoup a big up-front investment.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

I find that flat-out bizarre, quite frankly. How much does he think it costs? It's 15 AUD - about 11 USD, £8.50, or less than 10 Euro. I can only agree that he's missed the point, as I feel it's tremendous value for money. I guess some people are only impressed by fancy layout and graphics. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion, and I can't really begrudge him that.

Kev

It's a bloody bargain Kevin!

I prefer electronic books. You can view them on multiple devices, zoom in, print bits, it's environmentally sound, doesn't wear out, there's instant delivery & they take no storage space.

Plus, they allow publishers to successfully sell small amounts of books, that just wouldn't be financially viable in print form.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Bill Cross said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with Karim's book unless you don't like online publishing. The reasonable price of e-books means that items that might not otherwise get published do because the publisher doesn't have to recoup a big up-front investment.

In Europe, e-books are liable for 20% VAT, whereas books avoid VAT altogether.

It's a bit odd.