Get em while they're HOT!

Juggernut

Do the instructions tell you what nose glazing / gun arrangements each aircraft had?

If not, then all that fancy artwork is only half the job...

Is that not the difference between building a model of a specific aircraft or assembling a "kit" and accepting the compromise; your choice.

Besides the "hunt" (research) is a large portion of the hobby, IMHO.

Barry

Well yes and no

Charge me less than $10 then fair enough

Charge me over $30 and sorry but I want a bit more

I like Zotz, but I am not risking building a $300 model only to find it's meant to have 2 gun nose etc etc after the fact

Anyway, if anyone can shed light on some of the schemes - especially Hell's Angles - I'm interested

Hell's Angels used what looks like a two x 30 caliber gun nose gun (common to the early B-17F's) and a single gun center mount, later in life.  The later nose is provided by HK but the 30 cal nose wouldn't be hard to create as HK also provides the dual gun nose.  You've got to do the legwork as to when the nose was changed from 2 gun to single gun.  If you're not willing to do that, then build the kit OOB with the kit provided decals that may or may not be correct.  Pssssttt....  The nose was changed some time after her 31st mission.

PS:  A five minute Google search revealed the above information (from reviewing photos). 

fbe8e84c7730b4a16f8d957f17a61373.jpg

B-17G-41-24577-303rdBG358thBSVK-D48missi

Edited by Juggernut