F-23A in 1/48

F`s are my favs

Hi Chek. Thanks thanks!

Btw, while removing the masks of the edges, I just couldn't resist and lift off a small piece of the canopy mask to see how it looks.. And yeah, the Murphy's law stroke again... The inner side is literally dotted by small and not so small white dust particles, which I suppose, are everywhere. Nothing much to say... I just dont want to show it right now, cause overall it turns out into my most favorite model so far. At first glance I have an idea to try - a long thin probe or tube through the gear bay, and a small hole through the seat perhaps, so to reach the inner side of the canopy, and then with something to vacuum the dust particles.... Ill definitely can't leave it like that. Will think about it later on.

Nevertheless, the first step of the real weathering is done - salt. Pics in a sec...

You might find a static killer could help. Not many of us still have music recorded on vinyl records but if you know anyone who does, ask to borrow their Zerostat gun if they have one. They're used to kill static (which attracts dust) on vinyl discs.

Hold your model while touching a grounded earth (a cold water pipe will work) to ground any charge the model is holding, then zap it with the ant-static gun. The interior dust may just fall away.

Edited by Chek

10x Martin!   :thumbsup:

There, 2 giant and plenty of tiny miny....... I can't figure it out how in the world these particles went into that canopy...

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

...shaking, vibrations - no effect at all. The good thing is that with an open nose wheel bay door, which is right underneath, there is plenty of space on the cockpit tub to drill a hole and access the canopy. First i'give a try to the anti-static thing and then will probably be fun...  :wub:

I just looked at the hi-res versions of your photos, and that Have Glass finish you've achieved looks remarkable. Probably more so in person when you could appreciate the metallic shimmer better. Sadly the latest version, Have Glass 5 seems to be returning to a more 'standard' looking paint tones.

F-16-SD-ANG.jpg

It occurred to me that the one thing that could make it look even more futuristic would be to slap some big orange panels on the wings and tail

and call it a QF-23 from Tyndall circa 2060. (Don't! - I'm joking).

Guys, just for laughs - this is "something" in 1/72 that i plan to use as Buster to try paints, etc.

photo.jpg

It's one of my very first painted models, when for paints i only used Revell enamels (the small metal cans) and painted them with a brush straight out of the can - no dilution at all, and believed that it looks good. :)) This was some 5 years ago. Since then i always wanted to build a bigger scale F-22, so now i look at this F-23A as something like an incarnation of the 22.