Guillows P- 39 D

Erwin

Alan,

Balsawood kits are as plastic kits.But one thing that one should know when thinking of tackling a kit as what erwin is doing.It's going to be a slow process for a first timer and one should have all the tools of the trade at hand.And one should start with a small subject as to get the feel of the kit as to balsawood itself.

Even a cilivian type bird would work here and it should not cost very much for getting and starting a kit.Sandpaper and glue are the biggest itmes one needs and alot of single edge razorblades or alot of #11 blades for ones holder for the #11 blades.And straigth pins as to hold down the pieces when u'er gluing them together.

there is a super glue out on the market,but there are several wood glues as well for doing balsawood kits.And as erwin was posting the pic's on his 39.Balsa sealer is a big factor in seling the wood and getting it ready for paint.And the sealer has some odor to it,so vent u'er room or apply it outside.

This is for starters and there are others here who can help u and erwin as well.Go for it!The experience will give u a whole nre meaning in spreading u'er talents for doing a wood kit.Larry

Keep up the good work and don't give up on the resin Defiant!

Thanks for the support.

Not that much progress on the P-39 .I've been working on the small stuff lately.Landinggear,cooler,etc...

Small things that take up much time.

I'm afraid the resin Defiant is past history. I failed on that one and gave up . :(

But I did send the leftover parts to Derek for his scratchbuilding project.So some good might still come from my disaster after all. :D .

I have the Liberator in my stach,and I know the B-29 is even more difficult to build.So I wish you good luck with it.

I'm afraid the resin Defiant is past history. I failed on that one and gave up . :(

But I did send the leftover parts to Derek for his scratchbuilding project.So some good might still come from my disaster after all. :D .

Hi Erwin,

Very nice build so far. Your best one yet I think, and probably a great relief after your Defiant experience! :D My Defiant project is still on the books, but has been delayed because I am too busy with other projects at the moment, but it will happen, so stay tuned (and thanks for the bits).

Best regards

Derek

Here's a pic on my scratchbuild(wooden) LG.

I still need to cover the leftside of the wing,but the shop ran out of 1 mm balsasheet. So I have to wait untill another lot comes in. ;)

post-4-1123693501.jpg