1/32 Trumpeter A-4E Scooter: 8/4/17 Crossed the finish line

Joel_W

JA

Brilliant work on the nose gear and for sure, all the arguing we've done over the years on how to do the oleo's, as usual proved me the 'WINNER'. I've also long converted to Tamiya Gloss Black as my base for both Alclad and AK metallics.

The higher resolution makes a huge difference in clarity and sharpness and so much easier to pick out the details.

Super worl

Keep 'em coming

Bro

Bro,

Ok, your method of Alcad2 for all but the smallest Oleos certainly is the way to go in 1/32 scale.  Glad that you like the added details to the nose gear. For a single molded assembly, it didn't come out half bad.  

Bro

Hi Joel, 

Fantastic work on the Skyhawk, the paint job is beautiful. I loved the way you blended the different shades from the black base. Armament is flawlessly done. Congratulations.  :piliot:

Maurice,

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out the Scooter, it's much appreciated for sure.  having fellow LSP members posts their thoughts is always a highlight of my builds. Sharing my work here with you guys also has the added benefit of pushing me to the next rung of my skill set ladder. 

Joel

Joel,

Great detail work on that landing gear!

Gaz

Gary,

Just knew that you'd appreciate my efforts. Thanks for being with me from day one, it really means quite a lot to me. 

Joel

Just catching up on your Scooter Joel. You've made a bunch of progress on it, especially the stores.

I'll have to try your fuse wiring one day on a build.

Carl

Just catching up on your Scooter Joel. You've made a bunch of progress on it, especially the stores.

I'll have to try your fuse wiring one day on a build.

Carl

Carl,

It's always a pleasure to have you post your comments.  I've been steadily, but slowly making progress on the Scooter for the last 5 months, and I'm finally getting close to the finish line, but not quite there as yet. 

The safety wiring is so easy to do, and so visible on every picture of a dumb bomb from the Vietnam era, that it really surprised me how few modelers bother with that detail, especially in 1/32 scale. 

Joel

Great work on the undercarriage Joel!

Love the detail! 

Spyros,

Glad you like my efforts on the nose gear. It really needed those small details to make it pop.

Joel

Really nice

Always a treat to see a skyhawk being done so well

rgds

Mr. B,   

Thanks so much for those more then kind words. They mean a great deal to me. 

Joel