1/32 Hobby Boss P-61 Build Questions

98Wrangler

I can see why it would take a year to build this kit if accurately depicting a specific air frame.

I am doing a B-10 version, and have a question concerning the lower wing "ridge line". I haven't found any decent photos of that peculiar finistration, So does any one know what that is? And was it on all models or eliminated after the "A" model?

Also, the kit comes with crew station relief tubes, but I have found a single photo of those implements in the cockpit for the pilot, Gunner or the Radar Operator. And all the interior photos seem to be of either an XP-61 or P-61A. So were these really included in the A or B versions or just for the C & D?

If you are referring to the span-wise semi-circular fairings on the underside of the outer mainplanes just forward of the flaps, they are a standard feature on all variants of the P-61 Black Widow aircraft.

va-p61-03-cr-12.jpg

They house the roll control spoilerons when they are in the retracted position inside the wings.

As for your cockpit query, I'm not quite certain what you mean exactly without an image?

Regards

Derek