Takom 1/35 V-2

Zero77

I have the kit.  My biggest :shrug: was that the the missile is limited to transport or launch position.  I will look over the various builds and make my list of upgrades/fixes that I will do. If the list is too long for me then the kit will get the boot to someone that is really into this topic.

Rick

Cheers for the reply, doesn't sound too bad. I'm off to Cosford after work to get photos of the trailer and V2 there. I will post up my photos later on. Then I can get cracking with the build! :)

I have the kit.  My biggest :shrug: was that the the missile is limited to transport or launch position.  I will look over the various builds and make my list of upgrades/fixes that I will do. If the list is too long for me then the kit will get the boot to someone that is really into this topic.

Rick

What other position do you want it in?!

It would be cool if you could show the cradle being partially raised like on the box art. However, the piston arm is made of telescoping sections, which makes it slightly more difficult to scratch than if the arm were a constant diameter. I guess in a pinch you could just cut the extended arms.

• 4 months later...

I keep looking at this kit and want to add wings, and either the short ones or the ones that run from tip to tail on the A-9 version would be really cool. I think it looks even better when put next to a Mercury Redstone (1/35 from Shapeways versus Estes) and a Mercury Atlas (Big bucks from Jim Key's Accurate Models). Maybe the Mercury is "spam in a can", as the X-15 pilots called it, but the A-9 did have wings and a pilot (even if a bit suicidal). I guess we need an A-10 booster stage for the A-9 mod of the V-2 and maybe a Gemini and X-20 on a Titan stack to fill out that shelf. Fun!

Tnarg