LSP_K2

Hasegawa N1K2 George

Regarding the bottoms being bare metal, i found more ref's that said they were bare then ones that said grey.

In the end its up to you.

Does that include the orange trainer you did (and that I intend to do in 32nd) Shawn?   

If so foil could be cool there.................

*EDIT*    Just re-read your thread Shawn, and answered my own question.    :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Ha, are you using USPS Priority mailing boxes as building/cutting boards? That's brilliant- and, "inexpensive", too.   :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:

Oh yes, quite inexpensive, Lee. They work great at keeping paint and glue crud off of the table.

I think he always does...wouldn't be surprised if he's a USPS Postman!

Nope, but since Priority mail boxes are free here, I have a huge pile of them in the basement.

Regarding the bottoms being bare metal, i found more ref's that said they were bare then ones that said grey.

In the end its up to you.

I understand, Shawn. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to paint it gray, rather than to deal with NM. The reference photos are very ambiguous, sometimes appearing to be bare metal, sometimes absolutely appearing to be light gray. Even the fellas on jaircraft can't seem to come to any absolute conclusions.

Thanks, Maru, I appreciate it. i did some 'pit painting today (basic colors blocked in), but not really all that much, as my spotter brushes are pretty well shot.

N1K2%204%20005_zpse85l4xer.jpg

N1K2%204%20004_zpsyavgdize.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Super progress and some mighty fine work as the excellent fit shows.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I havnt looked...................do they make any PE Instruments or brass barrels for this kit?

I'm not really sure, Brian. I intended to go mostly OOB for this effort, so didn't really check for AM stuff too much. I do know that Quickboost does barrels, but I probably won't bother with them.

Master Model makes a great set of barrels that will enhance your build. Great work so far.

John

The link takes you to the 1/48 scale version, but they are also in 1/32..

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev4/3401-3500/rev3409-AM48021/00.shtm

Edited by logan181

Master Model makes a great set of barrels that will enhance your build. Great work so far.

John

The link takes you to the 1/48 scale version, but they are also in 1/32..

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev4/3401-3500/rev3409-AM48021/00.shtm

Thanks for that. Assuming I don't botch the paint job on this, I may chase down a set, and now that I've looked, Sprue Brothers does sell them.