My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

Oh and 11 109's are currently on the go..... ;)

Hasegawa.

F4

G14

K4

Trumpeter.

G2.

Dragon.

E4.

Eduard.

E1.

E3.

E4.

Revell.

G6 late.

G6 early.

G10.

:D

We need to get together.  I have 9 Mustangs on the shelf.  :-)  That would be quite the battle!

We need to get together.  I have 9 Mustangs on the shelf.  :-)  That would be quite the battle!

Ha ha that'd be funny. :D

We have to scratch off 1 Revell G6. It's the one with the kit cockpit. I managed to get rid of the yellow on the hose and painted it rubber. Looked great. Than while trying to adjust something, because my hands and arms have no nerves, it blew apart like you shot it down in a P51! 

Epic gun camera footage. ;)

I tried to save the cockpit, only the seat survived. :)

Nevertheless a new Hasegawa G6 arrived in the post today. So I still have two. :D

Dale, the weld seam looks fine, however there is no seam where the intake is glued to the fuselage. That can be kind of a pain to get rid of, and many people don't, but it's something I always look at on a 109 model.

Jay

Oh really?

Mate what's the best way to fill it?

Thanks.

Well it's been waiting because I've been expecting an accident, such as what happened last night with the G6. 

So far my painting and assembling on the cockpit has been improving. However, other areas need practice also.

I have begun using a pen to mark off every area I have worked on in the instructions. The Revell instruction sheet confused my head and I lost track of important things. Hence the problem last night.

I can do better with the new George. And I can fix the previous one in time. Not yet.

Beginning another now?, well that's perfect. When it arrives I should be better able to build it with the previous experience.

Today I am practicing on something off the wall. I'll save whatever it is for a RFI thread. If it ever gets completed. That's not the point. All this is a part of my rebuilding of my health. Screw the models. :)

Edited by mpk

Dale, sorry to hear about your drop. We've probably all been there at one time or other. For filling that seam I use Mr. Surfacer 500 and a lot if careful sanding. If you are not familiar with Mr. Surfacer I am sure there is lots of info out there on it's use. 500 is great for filling seams.

Jay

Guys.

I just had a very bad fall. I simply lost consciousness. I landed on my face and have broken my large front tooth, lost my phone and glasses. I am quite shaken up. Also worried my remission has ended again.

I have alerted the other forum I inhabit. I am going to make a post each day in this thread. If I do not post, please alert the Aussie mod.

I am about to supply all my address details with an emergency number. If I do NOT post during the day Eastern Australian time, please alert the mod's and hopefully they can call an ambulance.

I have not gone straight to hospital but come home to rest. The Emergency room will be packed. I am better off going Sunday morning.

I will leave a post stating I am going to hospital. 

I hope this is okay.

It is now 4.00 am E.A.S.T.

Many thanks. Dale

Dale, please take care. I do worry about you. Post if you can....Harv

Mate I've been trying for 3 years now. That's about how long I have had this extremely virulent form of cancer. Tonight was serious fall # 35. 

I have had worse. Living alone is a problem. I have asked the boys next door to check on me during the day, but they work and are usually not home.

My only real connection to anyone is on this and one other forum. nI am well known there. They watched me get sick and spent 12+ months in hospital plus the follow u[p with the experimental drug.

So I have three safety outlets now. Kids next door, 2 forums.

I sent my address and emergency # to LSP Ken.

Oh and that 109 is a total write off. Binned it.

It was only a practice build. I have another Revell G6 and a Hasegawa G6. :)

Dale, sorry to hear about your drop. We've probably all been there at one time or other. For filling that seam I use Mr. Surfacer 500 and a lot if careful sanding. If you are not familiar with Mr. Surfacer I am sure there is lots of info out there on it's use. 500 is great for filling seams.

Jay

Thanks Jay.

I won't be modelling until I get new glasses. I can barely see what I am typing.

I have Mr Surfacer 1000. Too thin?

Dale,

Don't be afraid to comment on other posts.  Hang in there.  

Agree with Jay on Mr. Surfacer 500.  I use 1000 for 1/48 scale stuff and it works really well (smelly, but it works well).

Chris

Answers the above question really. :)