Another 1/72 Eduard Mig 15bis **Finished. Outdoor Pics Added!**

mywifehatesmodels

Well, I'm calling this done, with the exception of the base. There's plenty of touch-ups to do, but no amount of fixing is really going to make this into what I hoped it would be. That's my own fault, as I've kind of lost the enthusiasm on this one. I have too many other projects calling right now, so I'm just going to finish up the base as soon as possible and move on. Here are some preliminary pics from the bench and I'll try to get some outdoor photos at some point (not sure if the little base will be big enough for realistic looking outdoor shots, but I'm going to give it a try.

20161024_160348_zpsdma4a23h.jpg

20161024_160243_001_zpsuvl0tmgy.jpg

20161024_160146_zpsi7ct1cpa.jpg

20161024_160104_zps4wcklori.jpg

20161024_160043_zpseiszaf24.jpg

20161024_155911_zpsvf9q4egw.jpg

And here's the start of the base. The first application of my spackle/white glue/water mix is almost dry. I pressed the lines in with a ruler to represent the concrete sections that will be the tarmac and I will be putting ground/grass on the sides.

20161024_160541_zpsxktyxlhk.jpg

I'll post pics when I get the base done and get it outside.

Thanks for checking in!!

John

Guest Peterpools

John

Congrats on a build so very well done and looking at all that needed to be overcome ... aces on the build

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks, guys!

It's overcast today, so I figured it would be a good time to take some outdoor pics. Still working on the display base, though. So, I used my normal photo base for these pics.

16_zpsdhxfymbf.jpg

15_zpsvhxmqdou.jpg

14_zpsifghevfz.jpg

13_zpssdq2aphq.jpg

11_zpsj7x6tnkc.jpg

7_zpsfewpjfrp.jpg

6_zpsyidhwhas.jpg

And a few with the contrast cranked up a bit...

10C_zpszmmiwsmy.jpg

11C_zpsl2uglxhs.jpg

13C_zpsmfmyxyqx.jpg

Nice! Makes me want to get back to my own -15 all that much more.

Thanks, Kevin.

Do it, because I can't wait to see it finished!

Here's one more for a sense of scale. I was going to do this outside, when I took the other photos, but the cold and increasing wind kind of put a hurry on things!

20161025_103201_zpsllfi0jmn.jpg

Thanks again,

John

Thanks, everyone!

Fantastic build John!  I'll use yours as a template when i get around to my baby Mig

Matt  :frantic:

Matt, I would love to see what you can do with it. Just be careful with the fit of the cockpit, especially how it relates to the intake splitter and the gun cover panel on the "chin". I would recommend maybe even taking a similar approach as Kevin is doing with his 1/32 Mig 15, just to be sure everything fits/looks as it should.

Excellent work, John!  And it's so tiny!

How can you see stuff that small?

Cheers,

D.B.

Well, D.B., I really can't. :lol:  As nice as this kit is for the scale, I think I have reaffirmed my reasoning for abandoning 1/72 to begin with. I don't foresee myself doing anything else in this scale again, unless it pays very well. :hmmm: :D

I've been working on the base, off and on, today. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to even get on photobucket, much less upload any pics. I've run into some hurdles with that, as well. The various grays that I wanted to use were not cooperating with me. I think I've got it to an acceptable start, but it didn't go quite according to plan. I'll post pics and give a better explanation when I'm able to . For now, I'm just going to keep chipping away at it. The taxiway/tarmac section is mostly complete. Now, I just have to weather it, then start adding the ground work along the sides and I'm contemplating adding some small sprouts of grass, here and there, in the seams between the "concrete" sections. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. I greatly appreciate it.

John