Tamiya Mossie: UPDATE: 2/4/17: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Peter,

I've been meaning to comment more on this build. However, to be truthful, I'm really at a loss for words when you post pictures. It's truly amazing. Many could say, "Yeah, but what do you expect with such a great kit?". But, the truth of the matter is that it takes a great artist to make even such a great kit look as fantastic as you have so far. The attention to detail and masterful painting that you've exhibited are truly inspirational. I don't care how good the kit is, it takes some special talent to take full advantage of it.

:popcorn:

John

Thankks Matt

So very much appreciated. I guess I pretty much settled into 'my style', even though I really never realized.

Peter

That's how the best things happen. You just develop your own style, and replicate it on your builds.  I love your style though man

Matt  :frantic:

Guest Peterpools

Hi Maurice

Yup, sure has been a while and it's funny how time has a way of just speeding by. So very glad you stopped by and for the compliments.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Phil

Figuring out the correct shade for RAF Interior Green was a struggle, as nothing on my paint racks seemed to work and look correct, including Tamiya's XF-71. I normally don't mix colors and go with what is close but in this case, I wanted to give it my best shot.

My mix:

Model Air 71.095 - 6 drops 

Mig 201 Light green - 4 drops

Vallejo Thinner - 3 drops

W&N Flow enhancer - 1 drop (not always used)

Applied over Mig Gray Primer

I always count drops when mixing or thinning, so my paint is consistent in both color and viscosity (hope this is the correct word).

Hope this helps

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Phil

Compared to the good old days, the selection of everything is daunting at times.I'm a sucker for new paints and every time a new line of paints are announced, I normally by a set to test. I can honestly say, most are excellent and I have a have yet to try Mr Paint and i'm chomping at the bit to give them a go.

Let me know how you are making out and if i can help out in any way.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 10/22/16:SUB-ASSEMBLIES AND TEST FITTING

It's been a short spell since my last update as Diane and I spent a fantastic week in Bar Harbor, Maine and Acadia National Park. The photography was incredible, as everywhere you turned, there was a photograph in the making. Of course the sea food was magnificent as well as the hotel. Before we knew it, it was time to head home and back to reality.

The Mossie as had to take a backseat to both our vacation and the time I needed bring my iMac back to his glory after the new HD was installed. I've made some progress, mainly with a host of small sub assemblies: the flaps, gear doors, props and hubs, the Hispano canon ports and the four part bomb bay doors. Right now, I'm in the process of test fitting the new assemblies and tweaking where necessary. It's a shame but as everything comes together, so much of the details I've worked on, seem to fade away and only small portions can be seen. Even at this stage of the game, the box seems to be still loaded with parts!

Up next: the gear and wheels, and canopy assemblies.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

_PCW3544_zpsznitaplc.jpg

_PCW3548_zpseujywycb.jpg

_PCW3546_zps0prftgf6.jpg

_PCW3547_zpstdbeykpj.jpg

_PCW3545_zpsmivfjecl.jpg

_PCW3543_zpsetifuclz.jpg

Edited by Peterpools