1/24 MPC/Airfix JU 87B Chips and Grime

fightnjoe

Many thanks all.  This build has spent too much time on the back burner.  

Dan was one of the originators of the cut away aircraft.  Humbled to say that he was also my friend and mentor.  

Joe

Before I can really get into the detailing on the interior of the fuselage I need to prep the interior of the fuselage a bit.  

The tail is framed, this may not be accurate but it does match up with the rivets on the exterior.  The stringers are also in.  Still a touch more to do but nearly ready.

Fuselage-1_zpsaxe6ik3a.jpg

Sorry just one picture this time around.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
Ok here I go again.

Kind of a jump in progress this time around.  Although it did seem to be more of one step forward followed by a dozen backwards.

First up, the interior got its paint.  Gloss Grey followed by Alclad Chrome.  I then went to work on the pit.  First the color is Model Master RLM 02 Enamel.  Some scratched parts for a number of reasons and then a shot of them together.

Mock-Up-1_zpsbpdkceeq.jpg

Interior-1_zpsmuajnxam.jpg

Interior-2_zpsjrlbbgqs.jpg

And then something I rarely do.  Figures.  I cleaned up and then sprayed Flat Black.

Crew-1_zpsadp8ciqs.jpg

Crew-2_zpssob2glj3.jpg

I shall, for the moment, call them Hans and Franz.  Not sure they will end up in the final edition as the poses do not seem to fit very well with the interior.

Joe

How about a really quick update on the 1/24 JU-87. Still filling out the detail on the interior, this update shows Hanz and Franz are now occupying the positions that they are required to. There were some minor things like the Morse set that is just too small for me to get a good pic of and a couple of cables. I still need to add more cables and a cross brace. However I am getting anxious to get to painting. I know that the easiest way to do these is to paint the areas that have the cutaway prior to completing the closure of the fuselage. But even with the eagerness to paint I do not wish to run before I walk. I want to make sure all is as complete as I can get it. Thus the documentation of the very minor progress.

Interior-3_zpsxa8anneq.jpg

Interior-4_zpswjbareeu.jpg

I must admit I am finding myself siting and staring at this build. I find myself wondering what Dan would do, how he would approach some of these things. Somewhere in the back of my mind I am sure of one thing. He would encourage to just do it.

Joe

Today was a productive day.

The day began with the skeleton of two pieces of wing and one tail feather.  It ends with ribs and details.  The ribs are a mixture of .010 x .040, .020 x .020, and .010 x .030 strip.  I began to fabricate the two fuel cells and the inner bulkheads and such.  In the outer wing the shinny round pieces are BB's and the larger blue pieces are craft beads.

Let the ribbing commence.

Wings-1_zpsa3jonqty.jpg

There they are in all their glory.

I do need to finish up a bit of the detail work but then I can go forward with the firewall and the engine compartment.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...