Tiger Models Cute Series P-40 Warhawk (& Others)

Thunnus

The detailing of that 109 really adds the stuff ! Are the sidewall scratchbuilt? They look great !

I also bought the conversion, and spotted 2 small kind of bulges on the pictures. Are they the MG bulges on theengine cowling of the G-6? That would be great as i'd be glad to build a G-6 with RLM74/75/76 camo.

The detailing of that 109 really adds the stuff ! Are the sidewall scratchbuilt? They look great !

I also bought the conversion, and spotted 2 small kind of bulges on the pictures. Are they the MG bulges on theengine cowling of the G-6? That would be great as i'd be glad to build a G-6 with RLM74/75/76 camo.

Thank you!  The sidewalls were not scratchbuilt but simply spare parts from other kits that were cut to fit this model.  The starboard sidewall is from the Hasegawa 109K-4 kit and the port sidewall is from the Flying Machines G.55 Silurante.

And yes to the bulges.  The conversion kit includes the MG bulges on the fuselage to allow conversion to a G-series.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Thanks so much for sharing your finishing techniques.  That sand colour sure looks pretty on a 109.

I must fill in the extra panel lines on my 109.

Just such a nice build.  I do hope you build more.  I am intrigued as to how the Meng B17 comes out will the 1/144 scale decals fit properly?

Dan

Thanks Dan! I picked up a set of 1/144 decals for the B-17 and it looks like they will fit.  I'm thinking of doing a metal finish B-17G.

• 4 months later...

I just completed the F4U Corsair from Tiger Models Cute Series.  Pretty much out of the box except a gun sight that I added from the spares box. I strayed from my normal Tamiya and Gunze acrylics and finished this one with Hataka paints.  I still have trouble with inconsistent spraying and tip clogging but I managed to utilize all three Hataka colors for the tri-color camo.  In addition to a panel wash, I applied some salt fading on the uppers surfaces and some chipping with a colored pencil.  A quick and fun build.

JTK_2050_zpstnlxvnfh.jpg

JTK_2055_zps0v2anpdv.jpg

JTK_2057_zpssbk7lo7t.jpg

JTK_2059_zpsr7sko08l.jpg

JTK_2060_zpst746wi4r.jpg

JTK_2053_zpsfusavvcu.jpg

that looks great!

Didn't know it had wing fold too!

Thanks and yes, the wing fold is a nice feature.  I was dubious of it and was planning to glue the wings down but the mechanism actually works pretty well and keeps the wings locked nicely in the down position.