"Die Bergung" 2/JG400 Germany 1945 - Schlepper work

Out2gtcha

Great stuff Brian :thumbsup: (I shall follow this and I look forward to seeing this when completed).

I have this kit and may well complete as 'Black 13', which is on your decal sheet (which I need to buy), as I am reasonably certain that it was an SG500 'Jager Faust' armed aircraft.

Good luck with your diorama Brian

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Great stuff Brian :thumbsup: (I shall follow this and I look forward to seeing this when completed).

I have this kit and may well complete as 'Black 13', which is on your decal sheet (which I need to buy), as I am reasonably certain that it was an SG500 'Panzer Faust' armed aircraft.

Good luck with your diorama Brian

Derek

Tkhanks Derek!  I consider that quite a high compliment considering the source. Since I got my portrait Silhouette cutter and an excess of Oramask 810, Im thinking I might not even touch the Rocketeer decals sheet, as it is now OOP and hard to find. 

I dont see Black 13 on the sheet anywhere, but if you or anyone else is interested, Ill likely sell the unmolested decal sheet. 

Tkhanks Derek!  I consider that quite a high compliment considering the source. Since I got my portrait Silhouette cutter and an excess of Oramask 810, Im thinking I might not even touch the Rocketeer decals sheet, as it is now OOP and hard to find. 

I dont see Black 13 on the sheet anywhere, but if you or anyone else is interested, Ill likely sell the unmolested decal sheet. 

Hi Brian,

I have circled the 'Schwartz 13' emblems in the images of your decals below.

Decal1_zpsoozu3bik.jpg

Decal2_zpsyiembstn.jpg

It looks like this:

Brandis2_zpsc5968573.png

And here is my rational for it: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38575&page=5 (PM me if you wish to discuss it).

Regards

Derek

Hi Brian,

I have circled the 'Schwartz 13' emblems in the images of your decals below.

Decal1_zpsoozu3bik.jpg

Decal2_zpsyiembstn.jpg

It looks like this:

Brandis2_zpsc5968573.png

And here is my rational for it: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38575&page=5 (PM me if you wish to discuss it).

Regards

Derek

That is strange..................There are  supposed to be a total of 12 different schemes for the Rocketter decal sheet, and Black 13 as well as the Schwartz decal are not used on the  list at all, as far as I can tell:

RK32001F.jpg

RK32001E.jpg

But the offer stands if you could use the sheet! 

Ah HA!   I think I know whats up.....................

I think the decal sheet is wrong, as I think you ship should be Wrk # 191659, "Yellow 15", they just didnt include the Schwartz 13 decals or the Panzer Faust in the instruction sheet :

2502-2.jpg

RK32001F_mod.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

Sounds good Brian, so I will definitely need to get a copy then (I can't get this decal sheet in the UK). Tim made a great job of his model with my SG500 'Jager Faust' (not 'Panzer Faust' as I had first asserted - I'm putting it down to old age! lol :) ).

The work that you have carried out so far on your kit is a great inspiration to me.

Best regards

Derek

First up, while things were drying on the Komet, I did a "mid-build cleanup" on the bench, and busted out the Schlepper and the Anhanger trailer, separating all the resin packages, each into their own tupper-ware containers, and marking each accordingly:

2016-07-19%2018.44.07.jpg

2016-07-19%2018.44.17.jpg

I also put Mikkels lovely JG400 badges into a container, along with all of the un-molested figures:

2016-07-19%2019.09.28.jpg

2016-07-19%2019.09.38.jpg

Then it was off to a bath of Bleche Wite tire cleaner overnight. This is quite caustic stuff, but gets rid of ALL greases and silicone. I may or may NOT need this step but my reasoning here is that I have FOUR different manufacturers, with at least four possibly different resins, so I am not taking ANY chances on having adhesion problems.

2016-07-19%2019.38.06.jpg

2016-07-19%2019.38.16.jpg

The next day I removed all of the resin parts and gently cleaned all of the Bleche Wite off with warm water and mild soap, then drying on a terry cloth towel, to be returned to their respective marked containers:

2016-07-21%2012.27.09.jpg

I DO have one small issue when I looked at the resin Me-163 pilot from RetroKit VS any of the ZM figures:

2016-07-21%2012.33.24.jpg

He looks like a little baby!  I know Komet pilots like B-17 ball turret gunners had to be svelt/small guys, but this might be a little ridiculous.  

It might not be that bad, as the figures will NOT be right next to each other.................I might even have  possible plan if its not doable.......

What do you guys think?

Following your build with great interest Brian; you're making a great job of this!

For what its worth I would be quite happy with the differing figures and their varying heights in scale. As you say, a slim Komet pilot, and perhaps a hulking bruiser of a chief of groundcrew (just like Pat Roach in Indiana Jones 'Raiders of the Lost Ark') ;).

Thanks! much appreciated. Im beginning to think that way too. The cockpit is REALLY tiny, and if its to scale at all, Im thinking that an Me-163 pilot would have to have not only been quite svelte, but quite small in stature as well. And the pilots legs are about the same length as the ground crews, along with shoes size. His upper torso, and head are substantially smaller.

However, I think with the way Im posing them, with the pilots hand up in a wave, and the ground crew some distance away from him, and hands on hips, or one hand on hip, I think it might work. Im not so worried about the other crew figure, since he will be in a sitting position on the Schlepper. 

Ive gotten a start on all the small and tedious parts for the Schlepper and trailer, and am learning some cool things about this little tractor and how Id like to pose it. I just need to get it, and the trailer assembled, so I can judge a base size with it all in situ. 

Thanks again for looking in on me.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Not a whole lot to show, but Im showing what little I have, as the progress has been slow and tedious at best, although the PE and what not for the Schlepper is way more work than anticipated........

At least it shows I have made a start on the vehicles in this dio...............

Starting with the Schlepper. LOTS of teeny tiny details, most in PE or resin, and some EXTREAMLY vuage instructions as to where to put some of the most critical PE parts. Need to think MANY steps ahead here:

2016-07-27%2012.40.52.jpg

2016-07-27%2012.41.07.jpg

Lots of cool little add ons like the battery and battery case w/strap (that will never really be seen :lol: ):

2016-07-27%2012.41.24.jpg

2016-07-27%2012.41.28.jpg

Most of the last session was spent on getting some of the integral PE parts on, and smoothed, along with the associated resin detail parts like one of many hinged opening tie down straps.................like the one on the front of the Schlepper, along with the forward vent grill, that in the end looks pretty good I think for a start:

2016-07-27%2012.40.40.jpg

More later lads! 

Following your build with great interest Brian; you're making a great job of this!

For what its worth I would be quite happy with the differing figures and their varying heights in scale. As you say, a slim Komet pilot, and perhaps a hulking bruiser of a chief of groundcrew (just like Pat Roach in Indiana Jones 'Raiders of the Lost Ark') ;).

I couldn't agree more - we come in all shapes and sizes and I think it will add to the overall interest (and depiction of reality).

Beautiful build so far Brian, learning loads  :thumbsup: and looking forward to the next instalment

Torben

K2, Torben thanks much for the kind compliments. Im just exited I get to keep this model when done!

I couldn't agree more - we come in all shapes and sizes and I think it will add to the overall interest (and depiction of reality).

Beautiful build so far Brian, learning loads  :thumbsup: and looking forward to the next instalment

Torben

Thanks for that Torben. I really didnt know what to think, but the more I think about it, you guys are probably right...................

Especially considering the fact that the height/weight/size requirements to fly the Me-163, his size might actually be more accurate. I dont think it was even physically possible to be a hulk of a man/taller guy, and still be able to even fit in the Komet cockpit.

More work on this guy tonight im hoping.

Thanks again for stopping in on me!