1/32 Me 323 Gigant announced?

Urs

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not normally given to 'sturm und drang' over scale but for this particular aircraft I am bemused: Pretty much all armour and soft-skin vehicles anyone would want to pose this with in a diorama are in 1/35th scale. Pzkpfw II, Kubelwagen, Opel Blitz/Maultier, 88 mm Flak gun and many more all have lovely kits in 1/35. This aircraft was designed to transport vehicles so it is one of the few where it is not only natural but probably desirable to pose it with the bow doors open and with some ground vehicles and figures. Genuinely befuddled why HpH would pick 1/32 for this particular airframe. :blink:

I do sometimes wonder of the logic of some kit manufacturer's scale choices.

Kind regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

I'm not normally given to 'sturm und drang' over scale but for this particular aircraft I am bemused: Pretty much all armour and soft-skin vehicles anyone would want to pose this with in a diorama are in 1/35th scale. Pzkpfw II, Kubelwagen, Opel Blitz/Maultier, 88 mm Flak gun and many more all have lovely kits in 1/35. This aircraft was designed to transport vehicles so it is one of the few where it is not only natural but probably desirable to pose it with the bow doors open and with some ground vehicles and figures. Genuinely befuddled why HpH would pick 1/32 for this particular airframe. :blink:

I do sometimes wonder of the logic of some kit manufacturer's scale choices.

Kind regards,

Paul

Yeah, 1/35th would seem to make more sense , still pretty big though. I'd have to rent a "T" hangar at the airport to keep it in