Westland Wessex HU.5 - Fly 1/32

MBG

Guest Clunkmeister

I think our KING scale should have been the scale for ALL helos!  1/35th is the odd scale for me personally. Im kinda a bit of a scale snob, and enjoy models in my cabinet in the same scale with relation to each other.    For me tanks and vehicles and what-not are ok (i guess) in 35th but I think 1/35th is a total waste of scale, and wish Tamiya had never come out with it, and just gone 32nd from the jump................we would have SO SO many more possibilities for airplane and helo dioramas and or airplane and car dios.

Agreed, but helos are the darlings of the armor and mud mover crowd, so I expect no less... Just be glad the A-10 is in our scale...

Manufacturer predicted the different windows for version HU.5 and HC.2

For version HU.5 windows are larger.

Hi MBG,

I think the question Kagemusha is asking and it's the same question I was going to ask, is that I noticed the fuselage halves you have taped together show the small windows of the HC.2 but you appear to have bought the HU.5 which should have the larger cabin windows. Do the instructions ask you to enlarge the openings yourself to fit the larger windows?

Thanks

Shane

I think the question Kagemusha is asking and it's the same question I was going to ask, is that I noticed the fuselage halves you have taped together show the small windows of the HC.2 but you appear to have bought the HU.5 which should have the larger cabin windows. Do the instructions ask you to enlarge the openings yourself to fit the larger windows?

Thanks

Shane

Hi.

Yes, it is the manual information that you need to enlarge the window.

• 2 weeks later...