Falaise Gap dio WIP

JRutman

Wow, great stuff Jerry................I really love your ability to capture the sense of urgency in these figgies whatever situation they might be in.  I have yet to master any said skills when it comes to figgies.........and I really hope someday Im able to make my own posed figures like you do as well.   I just need more practice.

Always a pleasure to watch these dios come together! 

Wow Jerry!

Anyone who didn't know would never suspect these were small 1/35 figures, for a moment I thought the first image in the thread was a real person posing... wonderful attention to detail and pose/expression.

I suspect your quality of work can only come from someone who has 'been there' and actually experienced combat... because your figures always seem to be considerably more authentic in the looks on faces and posture than any I've seen elsewhere.

Can't not mention your horses as well. Each one gets better with poses that make them look flesh and blood, not plastic...

Marvellous work (as usual :) )!

Matt

Jim,Brian and Matt,

Thanks as always for looking in and the kind remarks about this stuff here.   My ol Telford buddy Matt!  I hope to return one day of course and I am also havin a hankerin to go to Msun some time for a new experience.

I think I improved a lot on my painting since breaking down and buying an optivisor with lights.  World of difference and less head/eye aches for certain.  I actually can enjoy painting again. You make a good point man,and maybe I should include a size reference with my in progress pics like a coin,etc?

I can only take credit for some of the poses here as some were from kits that I modified plus I usually add resin aftermarket heads (made in blighty btw) for the various expressions. You have to be careful to add the correct expression though!

Thanks for taking the time to comment buddy!  Have you been working on anything? 1/32 I mean and not the heretical 1/48 you were involved in.

J

Awesome work Jerry. As a newcomer to the figure scene, I can really appreciate what you've done here. Respect.

What is the base figures, Dragon ? Do you use resin (Hornet etc) heads and/or hands ?

Edited by Thomas Lund

Thanks for the kind words guys and girl.

Yes,the figures started out from a Dragon kit and I re-posed the standing guy a bit and added a Hornet head. The kneeling guy has the kit head with some putty hair.  The Para was extensively modified though.

J