Tamiya Mossie teasers

Urs

did we expect anything less from Tamiya, the reason many pre-ordered sight unseen. The aluminium colour btw is for the RAAF markings (No.1 Squadron 1945) , they were painted overall silver so I guess Tamiya just extended the one colour over everything for the demo model.

Also many RAAF Mossies operating in Australia/Pacific were fitted with the wing fuel tanks to extend the range and it's good to see those included on the demo build.

Edited by 32tragic

Im a little shocked................now that Tamiya seems to have dispatched with the rubber tyres/tires It doesn't appear that they made them weighted?

11258060_10204227623719108_4218244330122

Im wondering why............I mean if your going to the work of producing what LOOKS like an option for different tread on an IM wheel/tire, why not make them a bit weighted?

Edited by Out2gtcha

Don't they always paint their "breakouts" of these new kits in silver? Seem to remember the same for the Mustang at least. Guess it's more interesting to look at than gray.

Question...why are there two noses on display here? With the background blurred out I can't make out any differences.

19485_10204227624599130_6693810345299145

Also, any indication of how the main fuselage goes together? Trying (and so far failing) to get a sense of how this one goes together vs. the HK.

Im a little shocked................now that Tamiya seems to have dispatched with the rubber tyres/tires It doesn't appear that they made them weighted?

Im wondering why............I mean if your going to the work of producing what LOOKS like an option for different tread on an IM wheel/tire, why not make them a bit weighted?

They are indeed weighted flatties. I'm hoping the core /segment parts include a perfectly *round* option (or kiddy vinyl tyres, which me likey)

Curious as to assembly also, but it looks as if it's most definitely different from the HKM tooling. It's not clear what shape the major parts are as opposed to what might have been x-acto sawed to show off the interior.

Hopefully we'll see more images very soon - Shizuoka Model show starts around now ?

Tony

They look weighted to me, look at the tread angle towards the bottom, seems to slightly bulge. I think that the weighted tires that most people look for is completely unrealistic, too much air loss.

They look weighted to me, look at the tread angle towards the bottom, seems to slightly bulge. I think that the weighted tires that most people look for is completely unrealistic, too much air loss.

They look a "bit" weighted to me as well....It's Tamiya..sure it'll be fine,because of the tire inset pieces I think there is a flatened piece included for each..

The wings seem to indicate a "forward push and lock" set up to ensure a perfect stand....leave it to Tamiya eh?. But!!   The HK assembly closely mimics the real air frame-wing attachment.

PS..Absolutely love the Tamiya canopy,look at that fit....

Edited by williamj

They doesn't seem weighted to me, but on the other hand, given the way they're engineered, it would difficult to make them weighted. Even a flat piece of thread would not make them realistically weighted as the sides of the tire would not be deformed anyway.

Edited by Zero77

Hrmmmmm. I agree about the over-weighted look, and it might be the angle Im looking at............but if they are weighted, they aren't weighted much...................or again it might be the angle of the pic.

Earlier post from April showed this...

60326%2Btamiya%2Bmosquito%2B(6).jpg

Quite subtle, as it should be. I just hope they include fully rounded segments for those of us who want a dangle display.

Tony

That pic they do indeed look weighted .          Others not so much at all, but again not the correct angle

11230602_10204227624279122_4789140543857