Tamiya F-16CJ:UPDATE:8/29/15: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Hi 

good start !!!!!!! your job is always neat , a pure Peter's style .............. even OOb this kit is a real piece of cake ,and is nicely detailed . however the Aires gear bay can be useful 'cause this area is very " busy" ..Happy modeling man..........

Alain

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

For my money and 'Bang for the Buck", there just isn't any build more enjoyable and satisfying the then digging into a Tamiya kit; no frustrations, wonderful detail and a fit we all dream of. Looking forward to seeing what I can do without adding a zillion dollars of extras and I've already noticed the juices are flowing at a pace not felt in quit some time

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Alain

Much appreciated and glad you're along for the flight. I have both the Aires wheel bay set and the cockpit set but am saving them for the next Viper. The detail of the Aires updates sets is exquisite and far beyond what Papa Tamiya has done. But my goal for this Viper is to try and stay close to an OOB, see what I can do and enjoy the ride.

So far while working on the kit, I've purchased two additional fantastic Viper Books:

The Modern Viper Guide Vo 2 The F-16C/D Exposed by Jake Melampy

The Scale Viper by Pete Fleischmann ( a fantastic builder and for real Viper Driver)

The F-16I Sufa in IAF Service already in the library.

Yup, a few more Vipers are in the pipeline for sure

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Vitali

The Viper is one of Tamiya's flagship kits and is amazing right out of the box. I'm always amazed at Tamiy'as fit, quality and value. Their kits are just a please to work on and build.

Just keep looking at photos of Vipers and pick up the kit: it's simply contageous

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Zak

Just a brilliant kit and well worth saving for. Will be looking for your build hopefully, not to far down the road

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Justin

Glad you're on board and no questions in my book on how you feel about Vipers.

Peter

Great start Peter!

I got one of these when it came out - gorgeous tooling - but a little nervous of starting building because I wasn't sure if I could do it justice...

Will follow your build like glue!

Iain

Guest Peterpools

Thank You Peter

The side panels were done and treated as if they were surface details. Primed with MIG Polymer Primer, then the front office was air brushed and the panels masked off and painted with a dark gray/black for scale effect. After the switches and knobs were painted, all was sealed with Future and then I applied MIG's Storm Gray Panel Line Wash. When dry, sealed with Vallejo Flat Varnish. I tend not to use  sludge wash as it is impossible to remove from around all the switches and knobs and remain just in the divisions between the panels - just too much of a mess.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Iain

Glad you will be along for the build and if your build scheulde allows, pull out that Vioer and join in. Just an awesome kit.

Peter