1/32 Hawker Sea Fury 4/21/15 She's alive!

LSP_Paul

OK< Now I am getting officially jealous, last weekend I was almost drooling when Wolf pulled out his Fury from the stash , just to tortured me :) and here we go , all of sudden everyone has one, not fair :(

Well, enough of that, I will follow your build with interest.

Cheers

M

PS: one day I will build an Iraqi example in a little diorama with young Saddam standing beside the plane eating ice cream, plotting invasion of Iran

sea-fury.jpg

Paul, if I catch one whiff of resin dust from this thing until you're Panther is done, I'm personally coming over there to stomp all over it with my size 12s.

Start Stompin Ernie, I already told you I've been test fitting, I'm not gonna get caught cold if something major is wrong with it. :)  And guess what?

I have a minor problem that Peterpools is gonna help me fix with some spare parts from his saga with this kit.

Paul 

Paul, if I catch one whiff of resin dust from this thing until you're Panther is done, I'm personally coming over there to stomp all over it with my size 12s.

Ernie,

I gotta pair of 15 and 300+ lbs behind them if you need alittle back-up.

I keep seeing Sea Fury stuff and NO Panther updates 

I'll be over in WIP or What-If's if you need me

And no LSP P I ain't o'fraid o' yer little Ol'  AR or whatever..................cause I'll just come back and HAUNT YA'      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jack

As fantastic as these two kits are , I am having a blast cleaning up/ prepping resin on the Fury and working on the wheel bays of the Panther, I couldn't be happier with both kits and I am looking forward to showing  the progress on both in some new pics coming soon.

Paul 

Thanks for posting that youtube video.

That was at Hamilton airport and was my first air show. I rode my bike out to the airport because none of my family was interested.

There was a Corsair, Spitfire, Mustang there as well. The Vampire was very impressive, lots of noise and I remember being surprised at how fast it was, our front line fighter jets (Skyhawks... front line... :rofl:) did a fly past....

Great memories, thanks again for posting!

Thanks for posting that youtube video.

That was at Hamilton airport and was my first air show. I rode my bike out to the airport because none of my family was interested.

There was a Corsair, Spitfire, Mustang there as well. The Vampire was very impressive, lots of noise and I remember being surprised at how fast it was, our front line fighter jets (Skyhawks... front line... :rofl:) did a fly past....

Great memories, thanks again for posting!

Chris, they are impressive machines to be sure!  I unfortunately haven't ever heard a Centaurus powered version in person that I recall, just the re- engined racers, but no matter what the lines of this beautiful machine are strong, purposeful and refined all at the same time. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid, I've posted a few others during the build in the group build discussion thread if you want to check them out as well. :) 

Thanks for checking out my build, new pics soon!

Paul 

Paul

Both are awesome kits and nothing like a Paul Fisher kit

Enjoy

Peter

I'm having fun cleaning this one up and adding a'few" things Peter, hope to show it off  in pics soon.

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Hi Paul

Looking forward to the first update photos. The cowl is on it's way and in the hands usps.

Peter

That video reminded me of very happy afternoons spent sitting on the cliff tops of west cliff, Portland in Dorset where I used to live. At the base of the cliffs was HMS Osprey, a Naval air station. Every summer at the Open Day, aircraft such as the Swordfish, Firefly and Sea Fury displayed there from nearby Yeovilton. The sight and sound of the Sea Fury doing a beat up was magnificent especially from my unique position where I was above the plane as it did its run it! Happy, happy memories indeed! :)

Max

Edited by mozart

Max, I know the sound of that many Sea Fury's must have made an everlasting impression. I love the pic of you sitting in the Meteor you posted on Peter's Thread!  I don't know about you but I feel like a kid when I get to hang out in and around my favorite aircraft be they in a museum or an airshow.  :)

Thanks for checking in on my build, Pics  very soon!

Paul 

Well guys, I have to admit, I am having a blast with BOTH of Paul Fishers kits, they both have their own unique "fun factor" but I am quite smitten with this Sea Fury. While things were drying on the Panther, I cleaned all the resin up for the Fury so I would be ready to build, and since I already had the bench cleaned off and paint near by, I had to do some work on the Fury's pit.  :coolio:

I used various shades of home brewed grays using Tamiya Fine Gray Surface Primer and Gunze laquers, then a wash of various dark brown/black oil paints for shadowing. Some of the control boxes etc. were picked out in a pure flat black just to add contrast. I used lead foil to make the rudder pedal straps. The  photo etched control levers each got a  PVA enhanced sphere at the end and then I completed everything with a dry brushing and sealed with Semi Gloss clear.The gray areas where the paint is scraped off  in the pics  are from dry fitting and will be covered up by side panels etc and wont be seen.

I used Airscale's awesome instrument decals instead of the paper backing behind clear plastic, and over-coated with Future to give it that "glass" look. I also used RB Productions seat belts and man I am not sorry I did! Every time I used Radu's belts I cant help but feel if I could some how shrink myself the darn things would actually work like the real ones. :)

Here are the pics.

post-3619-0-00337500-1429074486_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-63878000-1429073286_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-04668900-1429073305_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-78222100-1429073333_thumb.jpg

post-3619-0-44069500-1429073355_thumb.jpg

Finally when all was set and dry I installed the pit into the fuselage. Instead of putting a support across the bottom of the cockpit tub, I opted to use aluminum tube epoxied to both the bottom of the tub and sides of the fuselage. This will prevent the tub from ever falling out into the fuselage and allows me to slightly flex the fuselage without breaking the bond when mating to the wing. 

post-3619-0-21043000-1429073372_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking in on my build