Horten HO-229 - 1/32 by Zoukei Mura

elmarriachi

The landing gear is mounted (white metal, resin tires) and painted.... then weathered with oil color.

The covers of the frame were painted in green/grey from inside. Don't wonder about the beige, I firstly painted the inside in beige by mistake, then added a lyer of green/grey over it.

Won't be visible later once the outside is painted....

lppd233ais6j.jpg

nalup51oeuse.jpg

udvcei17i72p.jpg

6rqtspwsf5a1.jpg

847kxq8184i.jpg

g749hl3ttnup.jpg

s2dzc9gp8jdu.jpg

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Some further steps.... the wings were covered, all the interior frames are unvisible now... 

2m5zzgvfnit1.jpg

vpro498nrrsl.jpg

qwux67o7myx.jpg

tjvvx8bd2uug.jpg

nwp595cpe9r.jpg

jodv57oc4mj8.jpg

I have decided to give it a camouflage color in light/dark grey.... no wooden surface. Grey with a red banner on one wing... and a used look, no brand new look.

Cheers. Michael

Thanks a lot! :) 

Some further steps.... I have decided to give the Horten a nice camouflage color instead of the wooden surface. The dark tones are perfect for this fighter I think.

I used the lifecolor colours of the "Luftwaffe-Set 2" for it, the underside has a light blue. Next steps are a bit of clear coat for the decals, then the silver at the back will be painted, and the plane will recieve a red stripe on the back I think.

ziapksnplewv.jpg

uzgj1do2v842.jpg

21p2f9jrylit.jpg

kcrvd8eppakf.jpg

dfh9552rnnle.jpg

c37uuh8fime.jpg

wpf5yrho2oz.jpg

wqwzky3lu73w.jpg

xxgvuoo8ok.jpg

Hope that you like it! :) 

Cheers. Michael

The next steps were painting of the red stripe at the back on top- and downside, as well as the aluminium colored parts behind the nozzles which were darkened with some black pigments (smoke).

After a layer of clear coat the decals were applied. All decals were included in the kit despite the Hakenkreuz which I have censored on the pictures (... Germany ...). This decal is from an other kit which I had on stock. 

3ouemnfz5wve.jpg

zy11pniephy2.jpg

uv4dowf2mg.jpg

iziw8h3ttg8.jpg

rquecuj8iii8.jpg

yo42j4v17c6.jpg

lp2gb68d5tk.jpg

Hello,

the next update will need some time...... :( Had a small sports accident and now a lightly twisted knee with a bruise at it... right now, it is a bit difficult to get in the basement of our house to do modelling...  but it is getting better day by day now..... :( 

Cheers

Michael