[WIP] F-22 Raptor 1/32 (not Testors:))

artoor_k

The decal sheet was a little long so I had to do that in two scans.

Yes, 1200.

I also scanned the placement guide as you'll need it.

How can I get it to you?

Send me a PM.

Hello,

I have F-22 in my modelling cave where I have more place. Now I'm testing colors. I bought Italeri paint set "Modern USAF/US Navy Aircraft" consisting of 6 colours. I have an idea how to get prismatic paint effect without "Raptor Sheen" but I have to test it. More important question is: what colors ale appropriate for Raptor? Light Ghost Gray overall, dark areas Dark Ghost Gray and Gull Gray brighter areas? This is my idea but in fact, I have no clue. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

After many trials, too much paints bought and more disappointments than I could count I managed to (almost) paint my Raptor :) Maybe it's too dark/too bright/too grey/too blue but in fact I have no idea what colors I can use to achieve better look. I'm limited to acrylic paints, I tried to mix some colors but mixes looked differently on the model than in the bottle.

DSCN8408_zpsvwmos7xg.jpg
DSCN8407_zps4witapr3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Yesterday, after almost a month I got back to my Raptor. Painting is almost finished. Also, I've made a side photo. Since there is a possibility to change it, I want to ask you-don't you think that it's sits too high?

DSCN8455_zps7woyt3yn.jpg
DSCN8459_zpsgivofryz.jpg
DSCN8464_zpsmeuhlg0o.jpg

I've decided not to buy resin wheels nor filling panel "trenches". I've made a lot of mistakes with filling wing gaps and I really don't wanna to make another ones.