Kitty Hawk OV-10 AM products

Out2gtcha

Thanks a million for the information, Jennings...

Now, I am waiting impatiently for the KittyHawk OV-10A Bronco.

This USAF FAC aircraft of the Vietnam War is my most beloved one.

Unfortunately, will no longer have chance to witness its performance during any Air Show.

After the only California Firefighter OV-10A crashed in Tulare County, killing all on board around 2 years ago, no more flyable OV-10A exists...

....................... no more flyable OV-10A exists...

Not really the case.......................there are quite a few flyable OV-10As left that hit the air-show circuit fairly regularly.......................

Here is a shot I took of one that makes fairly regular appearances at airshows. This was at the Reno NV Air-racing National Championships:

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

IIRC, there are also at least 1 and maybe more of the German OV-10As that still appear on the airshow circuilts

Hmmm...  I didn't realize that.  It's good to see this little gem flying around, hear the sound of those engines when the aircraft breaks away for a deep diving into the target.

But we can't see any OV-10 in Southern California, as I know, especially at Chino Airport, the closest place we can visit now.

As far as I know, the only CalFire OV-10 used by the Tulare (or Fresno) Fire Chief crashed during a small forest fire near Visalia (Tulare County). killing him and the observer.  It was on TV news, so I don't remember the details very well.

After that accident, I never heard of any CalFire OV-10 airborne again.  Despite the CalFire Department has 17 OV-10's on hand, most of those aircraft might have been grounded for parts.

No longer seen one of the CalFire OV-10 flying over any big or small forest fire in California.

C-130, Neptune and Tracker also crashed.  Now, only UH-1H, Sea King and CH-54 take place.  In the hottest Summer time, CAlFire rents 2 Canadair from Canadian Government.  They start flying the 747 and DC-10 tankers occasionally.

Perhaps the news didn't broadcast any OV-10 fighting over other forest fires.  However, 99% of California forest (even local brush) fires are seen on TV.

As far as I know, the only CalFire OV-10 used by the Tulare (or Fresno) Fire Chief crashed during a small forest fire near Visalia (Tulare County). killing him and the observer.  It was on TV news, so I don't remember the details very well.

After that accident, I never heard of any CalFire OV-10 airborne again.  Despite the CalFire Department has 17 OV-10's on hand, most of those aircraft might have been grounded for parts.

No longer seen one of the CalFire OV-10 flying over any big or small forest fire in California.

C-130, Neptune and Tracker also crashed.  Now, only UH-1H, Sea King and CH-54 take place.  In the hottest Summer time, CAlFire rents 2 Canadair from Canadian Government.  They start flying the 747 and DC-10 tankers occasionally.

Perhaps the news didn't broadcast any OV-10 fighting over other forest fires.  However, 99% of California forest (even local brush) fires are seen on TV.

I used to see one over the fires we had in the Redding area for years. Once, he "waved" at me as he did a slow orbit on a fire near my house.

There's a CalFire OV-10A sitting down at the Fresno airport as we speak. Used to pass it by every day on my way too and from work off Kings Canyon.  Doesn't get used often with the fleet of larger plans, but it is most certainly still there and airworthy.

Matt  :frantic:

Not really the case.......................there are quite a few flyable OV-10As left that hit the air-show circuit fairly regularly.......................

Here is a shot I took of one that makes fairly regular appearances at airshows. This was at the Reno NV Air-racing National Championships:

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

IIRC, there are also at least 1 and maybe more of the German OV-10As that still appear on the airshow circuilts

I know only of one Luftwaffe OV-10B. That is the above photoed one converted to a OV-10A  It belongs to the Cactus Air Force. Maybe more Don't know of.

http://www.cactusairforce.com/inventory_item/ov-10-bronco/

Paso Robles has some flying Cal Fire Broncos to.  I was told they even have a D model. Never seen it thou :hmmm:

http://calfirepilots.com/Paso_Robles.html

Thanks Harold for the AMS OV-10 wing drop tanks :thumbsup:   they look great, Beautiful !!!!

Cheers

Way different than the kit items! (You will have to work the fins a bit for attaching them to the tail cone), but I think they will look good hanging under the wings.

Edited by Harold

Guest Smitty44

Actually there is also one here in Redding, Ca .....

Edited by Smitty44

I was looking at a couple of Master's details crewmen but I keep getting warnings that's a phishing site.. Too bad, I'd love to crew up  a Bronco 

Had the same problem with them,  Try back later, it seems to go away in a week.

Try this figure from the Skyraider  http://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=803

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4