tamiya f4u-1a bent wing

Stinger16

Hello all, here are a few in progress shots so far of my 1/32 Tamiya f4u-1a corsair. Still unsure of what a/c I want to build, I already have some decals for Ira Kepford's f4u-1a and I will be buying decals hopefully from fundekals.com when they come out and as well as the decals from eagle-editions. Here are the pictures of the decals I have and as well and a few after market items to go with it. Any tips or comments are welcome on my build progress

jeff

006_zps47b3cde5.jpg

117_zps370e45e7.jpg

116_zpsb55b71cf.jpg

Hi Jeff,

The cockpit and engine so far, look great. 

Personally, i'd avoid the Techmod decals for at least the national insignia. It's been my experience that once they get on the model they're pretty tenacious and hard to slide around into position. Given the size of the national insignia, you way want to consider painting them instead of decal using Mal Mayfields masks. Same would apply (paint instead of decal) to the 1" walkway stripes and the non-skid areas on the wing center section. 

If it were a smaller model i'd probably go with decals. Should you decide to stick with decals (no pun intended) i think you will have better luck with Eagle Editions or Fundekals. Xtradecal also came out with a sheet not too long ago. Not sure if they did it in 32nd scale, but it includes some neat schemes that hadn't been done before.

FWIW,

david

Guest Peterpools

Jeff

Terrific start on the Corsair -superb work on both the front office and the big P&W.

With the array of decals coming out, choosing a scheme is going to be one of the hardest aspects of the build

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter and John for the comments, next I will be tackleing the wings and hopefully I can get the left landing light removed from the wing like you did John. I guess I should decide what aircraft to do before I remove it. Decisions decisions. It's either going to be Ira Kepfords or Pappy Boyington or I could have a change of heart again. With the way I have the engine wired up, can I still build Boyington's -1a ??

Jeff